Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
aaah yes...around 2am. Looks like they daisy chained the 2 jeeps together to yank his stuck @ss out!

He makes vinyl decals too...I told him he needs to make himself a "Jeep RecoverED vehicle" one for his X now! Turns out...he's apparently been rescued by Jeeps on every recovery but one.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I know nothing of the area, but it looks to me like there isn't even a road where he was stuck. Like Surf said, I hope it was legal for them to be there, because if not, that was major party foul.
yeeaahh....I've got no idea ;) was just following his status on FB whenever as he updated his SOS post ;) Figured I'd post around the interwebs to try to help him out & spread the word to see if any locals catch wind

I know nothing of the area, but it looks to me like there isn't even a road where he was stuck. Like Surf said, I hope it was legal for them to be there, because if not, that was major party foul.
Totally Agree.

yup. Even if traction boards don't get you out alone, they help make the recovery MUCH easier.

Sketchy place.... that much green, you know its soft, especially once you start to tear it up.

As for being recovered by jeeps... its just the law of averages... there are TONS of jeeps out there, you are most likely to get help from one.

how'd you get the 1100's for $112??!!!!
About a year and a half ago they ranged from ~$105 - $150+ shipping. Summit had the best prices but only had yellow and bright green. Street Side Auto had them for a few bucks more but had almost every color available.

I bought two sets and have been carrying them offroad ever since for this exact scenario (legal places of course). With tred's (or similar) and a shovel, he would have been out much sooner.

overlanding is mainstream, and traction boards have gotten publicity. Even those who don't want to pay for maxtrax will pay more than ~$100 to $125. Once you price maxtrax, $150-$180 seems like a DEAL.

...and what Surf and Snow says below. Many wouldn't buy the old version if the new one was the same price. They lost all regular income as people prepaid for the Pro version.

It was during the initial Kickstart and they were going for less before they started being mass produced.
Negative. I have the Original TRED 1100s. The prices dropped low due to the new models in the kickstart coming out.

Have they tried yanking both foward and backward?

If he leaves it overnight, hopefully they have rights to be there. I work in the power industry, and in my agency we prosecute illegal trespassing on our transmission line right of ways. Hopefully that's not an issue in this case.
Yea, the road leading to it was private property and we had permission. I've got a few buddies who work at the power company and they said as long as we don't just tear it up or trash it they don't care. The problem is the dumb kids that go out there at all hours of the night reving their engines and tearing up anything they can. We were very respectful and we try our best to tread lightly in every situation.

Picked a bad spot to stop for a Pokestop.

Do they have a shovel to try to dig out a little? Have both of them aired down? The jeep will have better traction to yank if aired down. Can they find some wood to jam under the tires? Good spot for TREDs or Maxtrax if anyone near them has some.
haha, we definitely were not there for that. We had a total of 4 straps and his jeep just didnt have enough umph to it to yank. We tried yanking from the front/rear and even diagonal from it. It was sitting on the frame.

There's a road there... Its to the left. He went first and almost got stuck so we tried to go around it. He made it fine but he's on 35's and has more clearance than I do which is why it sunk to the frame. I've been stuck a total of 4 times and 3 of the times it was on the frame.

Started out just driving on the dirt road just really exploring and then came across basically a fork. He went to the left first and it was just soupy and he almost got stuck. So he managed to get his way out and so we tried getting as close to the trees as we could just to get around it and get back to the "road". His winch wouldn't stay locked in so every time he would winch it with any weight, it would just spool out. We tried just about every method we could to get it out and nothing worked. 2x4's strapped to the tires, hi-lift jack... etc and nothing worked. There was a guy who lived about 10 mins away and his little punk a$$ refused to come help unless we paid him $150 and he's part of the damn club we are in.

So we posted in the local off road group we are in and had a buddy with a 94 YJ with a 12k winch and the VP who drove over 45 mins with his YK on a trailer to come help. Daisy chained it and that winch pulled me right on out, easy peasy. I'll never be going to this spot ever again.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.