Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This lift came off my Xterra that the previous owner installed. It rode like absolute garbage. The suspension had very little travel, the rear end would bounce off the ground when hitting fairly large bumps and the front would contact the coil buckets pretty easily. At highway speeds the rear end would wander and it was unsafe.

I replaced everything with 2015 Pro4x take offs and it rides like new again. While I was removing the rear springs I noticed the PO never installed extended length shocks and one of the u bolts was crooked and a tad loose. I'm guessing that all contributed to the terrible ride but can't and won't say for sure. That's why I'm giving it away. Maybe you can make it work but I want to make sure you know what you're getting into. I was going to scrap them but thought I'd offer them up here first. You can remove the 2 AALs and you have a stock rear spring set, but I cant tell you if they're sagged or not.

The fronts are Reflex brand shocks, unknown coils (I assume they're stock) and Calmini spacers. The rear are unknown brand leafs and have 2 AAL's, no broken leafs, no cracks that I could see. All bushings front and rear appear to be in good shape. The front strut assemblies are missing a few studs, but can be replaced. Rear leafs have both shackles and nuts, no front bolts.

Local pickup only, Denver CO, shipping would be ridiculous. I might separate if there's no interest in the complete package.

What you see in the pics are everything that goes with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh also, I had pretty bad vibrations between 35 and 40 mph, which indicates you'll need shims for the rear end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts