Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

It's an older pic but it's sitting in my garage taking up space I don't have. Free to good home. All you have to do is come get it. I'll even help you put it on.

And if you wanna bring a 12 pack of a good IPA you could do that too. Just sayin'..

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You'll move it faster on CraigsList, mate. You may even get $25 for it there. Very little demand for brush guards here ...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
If I was anywhere near Colorado I'd get a case of IPA for ya. Just dont understand the animosity towards brush guards here. In fact I just ordered a bull bar to mount some lights and because I think they look cool. If an accident is that bad to really mess up the front end insurance pays anyway

You'll move it faster on CraigsList, mate. You may even get $25 for it there. Very little demand for brush guards here ...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If I was anywhere near Colorado I'd get a case of IPA for ya. Just dont understand the animosity towards brush guards here. In fact I just ordered a bull bar to mount some lights and because I think they look cool. If an accident is that bad to really mess up the front end insurance pays anyway
I wouldn't characterize it as "animosity" - I don't think my post had that tone to it at all. It's just that the majority of folks on here would rather go with aftermarket bumpers for added strength & durability.

I wasn't trying to come off sounding elitist or condescending and I'm sorry if anyone took it that way. Just a simple observation that brush guards & bull bars do actually sell pretty well on CraigsList and not so well here.

Same can be said for stock rear bumpers.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I wouldn't characterize it as "animosity" - I don't think my post had that tone to it at all. It's just that the majority of folks on here would rather go with aftermarket bumpers for added strength & durability.

I wasn't trying to come off sounding elitist or condescending and I'm sorry if anyone took it that way. Just a simple observation that brush guards & bull bars do actually sell pretty well on CraigsList and not so well here.

Same can be said for stock rear bumpers.
Agreed here. He was simply stating a fact. It doesnt mean someone will not have interest on here bu a local craigslist will serve you better. The brush guards and bull bars have been shown to be unstable on trails when they encounter rocks and other hurdles. :eek:ccasion5:

·
on line
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried the Craigslist route... Had a few interested but never got a reply back. Am actually going to try it again. Just though I might be able to help out someone on here first. So... Tell your friends!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a friend that just bought a 07 X (partially because we love ours so much). I will let him know about this right away, as his wife wants something like this, even though it is more for looks than anything else.
They are in the Falcon area.
I'll post back as soon as I know something.

·
on line
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a friend that just bought a 07 X (partially because we love ours so much). I will let him know about this right away, as his wife wants something like this, even though it is more for looks than anything else.
They are in the Falcon area.
I'll post back as soon as I know something.
That's great. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I emailed him, but he is in the middle of moving to a new place (two X's hold a lot of stuff), so it may be a few days before he gets back to me.

Forgot to ask, are the lights still mounted? I am guessing you moved them to your new bumper, but thought I would ask.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I tried to get rid of mine on craigslist. Both our Xterras came with one and I cant give the things away. They are going in the spring cleanup pile this year.

·
Registered
218 Posts
GunnerMatt - I got an email from him today. After calculating the gas needed to get from Colorado Springs to Grand Junction and back, he decided to pass on the brush guard. Sorry.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I wish someone would chop off the top of one of these brush guards and weld it to a shrock bumper without the hoops. I think that would look pretty cool

1 - 20 of 21 Posts