Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think the repair shop or the place that put in my HID bulbs broke the clips on the following pieces (unfortunately it took me so long to notice I can't figure out who did it so I am repairing myself).

There should be a clip in the middle portion where the space is

Location on the truck, identical pieces. Both are under the headlights

I imagine you would have to remove these to install an after market bumper so if any one has some I'd be interested in taking them off your hands or just having you confirm if there is a clip or if there isn't.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was the correct part number. I was able to order two more today and got them installed and fixed my issue.

In short, I had a company install HID headlights and asked them to install new fogs since I was doing the HID lights. Instead of doing things the easy way (removing the 4 screws and changing fog light bulbs) they removed the whole bumper and broke all four clips. D!ckbags.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
To do a retrofit they would have had to remove the bumper to get the headlights out to install the projectors.

Fog light bulbs can be done without turning any screws. Just have to lay on the ground and reach in there.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To do a retrofit they would have had to remove the bumper to get the headlights out to install the projectors.

Fog light bulbs can be done without turning any screws. Just have to lay on the ground and reach in there.
I still have the stock headlights in, they didn't put in projectors. But in the end the probably removed the bumper to make it easier for them. Either way they broke ALL the clips associated with the bumper. I have since replaced them all and never plan on going back to that particular shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.