Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new/used rear tail light for the right side (passenger) to replace one I may or may not have cracked...

The prices for a brand new one from nissanparts.com or enissan.com are a bit high.

Anyone got any ideas?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Im about to be getting rid of the ones that I painted with VHT night shades (the ones that are totally black... you can have them for 20 bucks plus shipping. Mind you they are technically illegal... so buy at your own risk... and you would need some bright ass red lights to stick in them.... let me know.

·
on line
807 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Im about to be getting rid of the ones that I painted with VHT night shades (the ones that are totally black... you can have them for 20 bucks plus shipping. Mind you they are technically illegal... so buy at your own risk... and you would need some bright ass red lights to stick in them.... let me know.
VHT is pretty much just paint, right? So couldn't you just carefully wipe some paint thinner on them to remove the tint?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well considering its on top of plastic, i highly doubt putting paint thinner on it would be a good idea. Plus with the way I applied it (by first sanding it and such) i really doubt that even if you were careful you could remove it without damaging the plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.