Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
during the last race...the splines on the right rear axle stripped completely out leaving him with all the power going to only the left rear wheel...if you have more questions about it or want a further detail on it...I would suggest asking Dave (Xterraracer) about it here: www.teamxterraracing.com

·
on line
2,938 Posts
It is an OR so it has the D44.

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and yet more breakage on Xterraracer's X...here is a further quote from Dave...Anyone else have an inner CV break? Kinda makin me glad I own a Gen1....We don't have enough power to break anything!!

"Ok tonight I inspeted the front end parts. The 4wd failure was due to passenger inner cv joint broke the cage , dropping the balls. Thus letting the star spin in the case. I dont know what we are going to do to stop this, 4 races, 4 front end failures. I have to run stock parts are get rid of the 4wd all together. And Nissan does not want that."

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Wow that is really a kicker. 4 races, 4 broken front end failures. I hope that nissan uses his truck to build "stronger" parts.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, if they don't want him to go 2wd, then they better produce something and they better release it to the public!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
muzikman said:
Yeah, if they don't want him to go 2wd, then they better produce something and they better release it to the public!
For free!

·
on line
1,320 Posts
spalind said:
and yet more breakage on Xterraracer's X...here is a further quote from Dave...Anyone else have an inner CV break? Kinda makin me glad I own a Gen1....We don't have enough power to break anything!!

"Ok tonight I inspeted the front end parts. The 4wd failure was due to passenger inner cv joint broke the cage , dropping the balls. Thus letting the star spin in the case. I dont know what we are going to do to stop this, 4 races, 4 front end failures. I have to run stock parts are get rid of the 4wd all together. And Nissan does not want that."
more carnage, that sucks!!! a 4wd's place is in the Moab rocks not 80mph in a desert wash, hehe!
It's a waste of gas lugging the extra weight but could he just run it in 2wd... never engage 4wd?

·
on line
496 Posts
Xterraracer try http://rcvperformance.com/products.html for the CV fix. They make the CV's for the CORR 4 race trucks and they last all season so they say vs. replace rebuild every race. You'll have to send a core in for them to look at but you probably have plenty of spare parts now.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
He can only run the stock drivetrain including half shafts. So he is stuck with the Nissan crap. But he atleast gets to talk with the nissan engineers.

He also has modified his T-case to use a shift lever instead of the button.

·
on line
496 Posts
Can he do the heat and cryo treatment on the stock parts? If so one of the venders linked to the RCV site that specializes in Toyota's does that and it works well on the Birfields as far as strengthening goes.

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Grunzen said:
Can he do the heat and cryo treatment on the stock parts? If so one of the venders linked to the RCV site that specializes in Toyota's does that and it works well on the Birfields as far as strengthening goes.
Good question...I will have to ask him...Thanks for the input...it is greatly appreciated...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Well, over the last week I have been hearing a random odd sound. At first I thought it was swaybar but today I heard a clunk while making a slow moving sharp left turn. I fear that either my diff is gone again or I might have killed a CV....let's pray that it's the CV.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
That would be crazy! Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts