Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, got some good news to share with all of you. Was in the other day at my local Americas Tire Company getting a tire rotation and i asked the sales rep if there are any new wheels out for the new X's and he showed me the MB 72's. Im like sure, here goes another promising wheel that wont fit. I asked him to try it out and low and behold, IT FITS! It was the right bolt pattern and it even cleared the infamous brake caliper by about a 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. Immediately i say sold!! Here are some of the specs for the wheel.

MB motoring 72 16x8.5 12mm BS 6x4.5

They fit like a glove and make on road handling much better due to the 1 1/2 of extra width. They also give my X a more aggressive stance. I wanted them to stick out more and have more of a deep dish look but who am i to complain. Wheels for our rigs dont come easy. Oh Yeah, these are a bit lighter than out stocks believe it or not. Enough yapping, here are the pics to prove it. Ill get better ones tomorrow in broad daylight. OH i forgot to mention, these things will not stay polished for long...BLACK POWDERCOATING HERE I COME!!!!

These look very similar to the american racing mojave except now no spacer is required to make them fit. Hope you all enjoy and sorry if these are old news.

Sorry for the repost, i screwed up the previous one.

·
on line
204 Posts
I might have to go pick some of those up, I can't find them on the website though? Do you have a part # so I can go to a Discount Tire and show them? thanks

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
according the americas tire co/discount tire website, they are not listed. I believe the guy said they just came out a couple days ago. if you have an americas tire co. by you just ask them to search the size 16x8.5 12mm offset and 6x5.4 BS. ill check the reciept to see if there is a part number and ill get back to you. i probably wont be able to till tonight. im too busy today though.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
How much?

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the original price is 121.00 a wheel but my friend is a manager at americas tire company so i got a hook up. i was only able to check the weight of the 15x8 and it came in at 18lbs while the stocks came in around 23-25lbs each. im assuming the 16x8.5 are a tad heavier but not that much. ill try to get a better estimate of original weight when i dismount them to get them sandblasted and powdercoated black. the total price came to 420.00 and that includes mount, dismount, balance, lug nuts and wheel locks, and labor so guess it wasnt that bad.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As soon as these all terrains wear out, im getting some mud terrains. right now im running 265/75 and after i lift it im gonna go 285 or 305 mudders. dont know which brand yet but thats latter on down the road.

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Ok guys, feel free to call me a dumbshit meat head.............But if your running the 265/75/ r 16's right now, can you put them on the 16/8 inch wheel? I mean, you dont need to buy a wider tire or anything like that do you? I know next to nothing about tires and wheels, thats whyi ask.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
mcampana said:
Ok guys, feel free to call me a dumbshit meat head.............But if your running the 265/75/ r 16's right now, can you put them on the 16/8 inch wheel? I mean, you dont need to buy a wider tire or anything like that do you? I know next to nothing about tires and wheels, thats whyi ask.
We wouldn't call you dumbshit meat head for much have you seen and much have you done...:geek:

267/75/R16 fit quite well on an 8" wide rim, it gives them a little wider stance when mounted but not a problem.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
That would depend on the tire mfg. You could mount them, but for some tires, the wheel might be out of spec.

To give you an idea, I am running 285's on the stock 7" wheel and have not had any problems, but the tire calls for a 7.5-8.5 wheel.

·
on line
4,919 Posts
As far as mounting the 265 on a wider wheel, the only problem I have seen is that it is easier to ding-up your rim. It is easy to get a little curb rash when you are parallel parking with a thinner tire. Luckily, with a 16" wheel, our sidewalls are fairly large and it takes a tall curb to get to the rim. It is just something to be careful of and depends on how often you are rubbing the tire against something.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
XVTer said:
As far as mounting the 265 on a wider wheel, the only problem I have seen is that it is easier to ding-up your rim. It is easy to get a little curb rash when you are parallel parking with a thinner tire. Luckily, with a 16" wheel, our sidewalls are fairly large and it takes a tall curb to get to the rim. It is just something to be careful of and depends on how often you are rubbing the tire against something.
The the real problem comes with you wheel and air down. You will be more likely to low a bead with a tire that is too narrow for the wheel.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I believe this wheel only comes in one size that fits out truck and that 16x8.5 which i have. As soon as i lift it, im gonna get a mud tire in a 285 or if i can fit it, a 305 but thats later down the road. right now im running a 265/75 and it put my footprint a little wider but yeah, i need to be careful about getting curb rash.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts