Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's hard to get something to Canada, shipping from US is too much for all the ones I like (Dep Hep, Rage Powersport Deluxe...) and I couldn't find any dealer that would carry the ones I like either. Where did you get your roof basket, what kind and what was the total price?
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
What about shipping it to a parcel receiving service by the border in the US, and then having someone you know get it and send up to you?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about shipping it to a parcel receiving service by the border in the US, and then having someone you know get it and send up to you?
Yes, I did it once so far with my Hefty bumper. It turned out fine, the thing is I was lucky to have a friend of mine driving to the depot and then other friend of mine driving down to Vancouver and back here to Northern BC so he could bring it to me. Problem is that shipping depot can store an item for me just for a couple days and then there is a charge for each additional day and I have no idea when my friend would be able to go there and pick it up for me. It's a bit complicated...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess one thing to ask is do you need a roof basket? Is there an alternative that would work and be achievable where you are?
Well, "need"...I can certainly live without it, but it's for sure on my wish list ;-) We are going camping a lot, so I would certainly have use for it if it's here. But I'm not in a hurry with it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So... you can't get yakima or thule in canada?
Yes, you can get those in Canada, but I was thinking more about anything besides those two, that is of reasonable price, quality and design. Something for those who do not really like Yakima or Thule :)

·
on line
412 Posts
I had one of those. its made by rhino rack.it doesn't really fit properly on the xterra cross bars. the mounts are too low. I sold mine. If you make your own brackets im sure it would work out.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
There is a basket Princess Auto sells, that could work well with some modification.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can order through North Shore Off Road they will bring it up for you from their depot in Blaine, WA to their store in North Vancouver I did this for my Schockworks rear bumper.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can order through North Shore Off Road they will bring it up for you from their depot in Blaine, WA to their store in North Vancouver I did this for my Schockworks rear bumper.
I contacted them, but they replied that they only deal with GOBI and Shrockworks. Newermind, it's on its way here, should have it in a week or so

1 - 15 of 15 Posts