Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a lift in the next month or so and was wondering if anyone had some extended brake lines out there.

·
on line
776 Posts
xbl's

What lift ya going with? Depending on the lift, you probably wont need extended lines! I am up 3" in front and soon to be between 3.5"-4.5" or so in the rear and wont need to replace lines according to Greg @ PRG!!!

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going with the AAL and shackles in the rear and spacers in the front. Nothing too serious.

·
on line
776 Posts
lift

I think you should be fine W/O ext. lines, but just to be sure-you can call greg at PRG, he is very informative & approachable! You are going with prg stuff, right?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
the rear shock is the limiting factor, if you're keeping the stock shocks you don't need new brake lines....

with my deavers and shackles (and new shocks) at full droop in the rear the lines are fully extended and stressed.....if you are putting on longer travel shocks you will need new lines in the event of full extension.

btw, i picked some stainless steel ones from AC, but i've seen them cheaper not stainless.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, I'm thinking about going with longer shocks. Haven't made up my mind yet though.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.