Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI...new to the forum and just swapped (almost) entire suspension package front to back. Hold up is the FORWARD bushing (chassis mount) for the rear spring pack. No one lists an aftermarket part and dealer only sells the bushing as part of the spring. Anyone else have a part number or suggestion on where to find the steel encases bolt bushing for the forward part of the rear leaf spring?
Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
5/8” was the bushing already on my Bilstein for upper rear and that was all needed for my 2015 Pro-4X.
For the bottom rear I called Nisstec which have their own part, $20 each side for “bushing and sleeve” or steel tube and rubber pieces.
It's a reducer from 5/8 (or 15.8mm) to 14.2mm.
Bilstein has their own (different) reducer, doesn't sell it but Summit Racing does (Bilstein said). I don't know their price, I got it from Nisstec and it works. $20x2 + $13 shipping

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
637 Posts
HI...new to the forum and just swapped (almost) entire suspension package front to back. Hold up is the FORWARD bushing (chassis mount) for the rear spring pack. No one lists an aftermarket part and dealer only sells the bushing as part of the spring. Anyone else have a part number or suggestion on where to find the steel encases bolt bushing for the forward part of the rear leaf spring?
Thanks!
I bought a new leaf pack (ome) when redoing my suspension and used their bushings. Not sure if they will work on the OEM leaf packs. I know several other companies make full set of replacement bushings and do not make an aftermarket leafspring so those may also work. Can't recall the name but one company makes bushings that are purple in color.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Leaf springs.... right
I used Old Man Emu SB99 bushings from a $25 pack, 1 per each side.
I was getting new Old Man Emu springs, so that was the needed set of 6-8 bushings in a set. All 6-8 bushings were used.
Nisstec should be able to help with that too, they may have individual bushings, they make their parts if there is demand from their customers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5/8” was the bushing already on my Bilstein for upper rear and that was all needed for my 2015 Pro-4X.
For the bottom rear I called Nisstec which have their own part, $20 each side for “bushing and sleeve” or steel tube and rubber pieces.
It's a reducer from 5/8 (or 15.8mm) to 14.2mm.
Bilstein has their own (different) reducer, doesn't sell it but Summit Racing does (Bilstein said). I don't know their price, I got it from Nisstec and it works. $20x2 + $13 shipping
Thanks for the info! Guy that builds custom springs found me a Toyota bushing that fits the spring eye at the chassis. Took three days, but Xterra is coming off the blocks with all new suspension tomorrow night.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's the best way! finds from a "Guy that builds stuff" !
We should all know a guy like that.

Thanks for the info! Guy that builds custom springs found me a Toyota bushing that fits the spring eye at the chassis. Took three days, but Xterra is coming off the blocks with all new suspension tomorrow night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts