Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Vancouver Auto Show last month and they had this Ford Bronco concept. Looks really cool, almost stainless steel like finish. Wonder if they are bringing the Bronco back?
Here are some pics.....

·
on line
1,618 Posts
I really hope a "basic" Bronco concept goes to production. There was a Petersons 4Wheel Drive editorial ten or fifteen years ago talking about that Ford or Chevy could build their original Bronco or Blazer with a V8, a manual tranny and transfercase, and no other options, sell it for a fair price and let the aftermarket world go crazy. How great would that be??

·
on line
376 Posts
The back is kind of ugly but the rest is nice. It sort of looks like a less-awkward FJ. The dash is really similar.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
They've been bouncing it around for 4-5 years now.. It's supposed to get a small TD 4 w/ factory nitrous (something like 140 hp and 300#ft tq), the suede interior, lockers, and factory winches, amongst other things. The price I last heard was under $30k.
It kills me because I hate "FORD quality", but I've always dreamed of owning (and building) a '66 Bronco, which's what it's modeled after. Eh', screw 'em.. I've already got a sweet ass '66 International Harvester SCOUT 800 in the garage nearly fully restored to new. :thumbup:

·
on line
82 Posts
If the top comes off I'm sold. Except I wouldn't want to get rid of the X....

·
on line
564 Posts
I'm a big ford fan...but omg the front and rear on that thing are b-ugly!

Rob

·
on line
1,479 Posts
well i hope it is not another FJ where convenience is sacrificed for looks

·
on line
15 Posts
DBAX said:
They've been bouncing it around for 4-5 years now.. It's supposed to get a small TD 4 w/ factory nitrous (something like 140 hp and 300#ft tq), the suede interior, lockers, and factory winches, amongst other things. The price I last heard was under $30k.
It kills me because I hate "FORD quality", but I've always dreamed of owning (and building) a '66 Bronco, which's what it's modeled after. Eh', screw 'em.. I've already got a sweet ass '66 International Harvester SCOUT 800 in the garage nearly fully restored to new. :thumbup:
Scout's Rock! :cheers:

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Well, with the FJ coming out, maybe Ford will actually consider it. Yeah, it looks kinda ugly, but the in thing these days is the retro look. In that sense, they actually did pretty good... it pretty much resembles an EB, much more than the new FJ looks like an original (all Toyota managed to get right there was the grill).

Never hurts to have a little more competition out there... it is supposed to drive better quality all around.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Looks like an H2 mated with a FJ Cruiser.

·
on line
46 Posts
I admit to liking Ford Trucks - that being said, most Ford concepts don't translate into production that well - the concept mustang kicked @ss -production mustang although cool, not as @ss kicking - the most recent fairlane concept, not a bad family truckster - the recent production photos = weak - love the idea of this bronco concept, but wouldn't count on it being a kewl as this one is proposed

·
on line
60 Posts
Saw this at the Atlanta Auto Show, wasnt impressed at all. Just didn't appeal to me, and I agree-It's probably going to hardly resemble this when (if) it goes into production.

·
on line
67 Posts
TERRAX05 said:
Saw this at the Atlanta Auto Show, wasnt impressed at all. Just didn't appeal to me, and I agree-It's probably going to hardly resemble this when (if) it goes into production.
I saw it in Atlanta too. I thought it was interesting but also agree that it won't resemble it when it goes into production

1 - 16 of 16 Posts