Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you used the spray on Duplicolor stuff, how is it holding up? I heard from other people that it is junk and flakes off? I'm curious because I'm thinking about spraying mine.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
just did mine yesterday!!! woohoo!

·
on line
707 Posts
So far so good! My thought is that if I scratch the bedlined wheels I would have scratched the wheels anyway. This way I can just quickly touch it up and its as good as new.

·
on line
225 Posts
hendrixfan said:
So far so good! My thought is that if I scratch the bedlined wheels I would have scratched the wheels anyway. This way I can just quickly touch it up and its as good as new.
Good point. Never thought of it that way.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
So far here is my thoughts on the bedlinered rims, I did this mod in October and so far they've held up pretty good. The only real recommendation that I can make is make sure you get a thick enough coats. If you do the paint lightly, then you'll flake and are more likely to scratch them up pretty good. I've had my old tires removed and new ones added and not one chip of paint. As someone else said, the beauty of it is, something does happen, little bit of masking tape and another can of spray and you're good to go!

·
on line
3,754 Posts
i havent done this yet but i was just thinking, even if it were to fade every couple years, in the spring sand them down and respray. might get old after a while but its an option.

·
on line
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input guys. This is my next mod for sure. And I'll be very generous when spraying so I have thick coats. Red would be cool, just not on a red truck :cyclopsani:

·
on line
131 Posts
mcampana said:
Someone needs to do this in another color, like red!
I would've so done this if red were available. Actually, I really wanted to stumble onto the same color that the roof rack and step rails are, but black is pretty cool, too. I always liked the '03 SE wheels that were color-matched to the rack and rails.

·
on line
131 Posts
Fishy_Frontier said:
Thanks for the input guys. This is my next mod for sure. And I'll be very generous when spraying so I have thick coats. Red would be cool, just not on a red truck :cyclopsani:
Follow SexTerraPA's instructions and you'll be fine. I did the 4 coats and let them set up overnight just to be sure they were dry ( and it is colder than a well digger's arse up here, if you know what I mean) so I wanted a little extra drying time.

·
on line
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
danh1023 said:
Follow SexTerraPA's instructions and you'll be fine. I did the 4 coats and let them set up overnight just to be sure they were dry ( and it is colder than a well digger's arse up here, if you know what I mean) so I wanted a little extra drying time.
Will do! And yes I know what you mean lol!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts