Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
610 Posts
I did the install last week with stock tires, not rubbing. After installing new tires, 285/75 16s this weekend, no rubbing, even on full lock turn on the street, but only rubbing when turning and bouncing, as in over a curb, or into my back yard, downward off the private road between the houses. I did rub the fron sway bar on a hard tilt when coming off a curb as well.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
miles said:
could it be the 33's with those procomp rims? where is it rubbing? I am assuming in the fender area?
Yeah, in the fender. Maybe it is because of my wider wheels, didn't think about that. It is pretty much only when I am turning and going like, down my driveway or over a slight bump.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
I have the same thing although its only when im reversing and my wheel is turned to the right.

·
on line
2,573 Posts
TXerra37 - It's do to the Pro Comps. When I had my stock rims and 285s The Melt mod was all I needed to get rid of the slight rubbing I had. After mounting up the Pro Comp 7089s w/ 285s I've had to do a little more trimming in the fender well. It still rubs from time to time Like turning out of a driveway at a certain angles.

I've also noticed that when I stuff the front wheels my tire grabbed the upper fender and gave a little pull. It just snagged the lip and pulled it down a tad. No big deal as now as I tucked the lip up and none the wiser.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
my 7089's rubbed after a heat gun and a rubber malet all is good.....I am sure with my future 33's and the lift a little more trimming would be needed,but its all good...the price of going bigger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts