Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be ordering items for lifting my X tomorrow since I came into some extra cash because yesterday was my Birthday, but I am really not understanding how adding leaves to the suspension provides lift on a spring under. If someone could easily explain, I would appreciate it. I will be ordering the Deavers from PRG and the TGC spacers, Oh and since I want to only mess with this once what degree shims should I ask Greg for.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
the deavers are extremely stiff and curved more then the stock pack, so when you bolt it together you are increasing the curve of the pack and increasing the strengh with the additional leaves....so you get lift because the pack will be curved more (but not curved so much that it won't bolt back into place).

greg will prob. say you don't need shims for this applications (deavers, no shackles), but if he send you some he'll have them in stock and send you what you need.....the ones he sent me were not marked, so i don't know what degree, but they worked.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
the AAL's have more arch and usually higher spring rate (they sorta go ahnd-in-hand) giving you more lift.
Most haven't needed shims with the Deaver's but if you want to be safe I think most have used a 2-3 degree.

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies, I just placed my order for the TGC Spacers, I look forward to calling tomorrow to order the Deavers.

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TXterra37 said:
And be sure to email the Deaver customer service and request some stickers. They really hook you up for some FREE decals!
I'll remember that, I used to not be a big fan of stickers, but with the X, it just seems to fit perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts