Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just working out some final details. This week I'm building the needed Jigs and Templates. I'll be out of town next week but the following week I'm going to start producing them.

One big problem that I have worked out was how to pack for shipping. The roof mounting pads are precision placed but are a little akward untill mounted. I was afraid that they would get knocked out of alignment in shipping. I have gone with a clean three piece bolt together design. This is more work for me but is easier to protect, and cheaper, to ship. This is a bigger undertaking than I originaly thought.

I will update and post pictures as soon as I have some built.

The cost will be $130 ea. This will include the light bar (painted black) and all mounting hardware. (shipping additional)
I will be setting up a pay-pal and an order form soon to take pre-orders.

It will closely match this picture, with the addition of two bolts in each side.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
bring it on!!!!

·
on line
225 Posts
Once you get the jig all finished up and get a system together it will be easy cheesy. Stuff like this is always hard to start out. You'll put a good bit of time and money into it at first mainly because there's no one else's product that you can look off of for kind of a guideline or anything like that. It will come together. Good luck.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
does the light bar have that curvy arc across the top or is it flat? also can the light bar hold HELLA's? i have 4 hella 500's that i want to put on top. thanks.

·
on line
207 Posts
Looks great. If I wanted, would I be able to get it bare steel (not painted)? I think I may have a hook-up on powder coating.

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xterra3100 said:
does the light bar have that curvy arc across the top or is it flat? also can the light bar hold HELLA's? i have 4 hella 500's that i want to put on top. thanks.
It does have a slight arc to it.

I will have some options on number and size of holes, yes Hellas will mount.

cjm_specv said:
Looks great. If I wanted, would I be able to get it bare steel (not painted)? I think I may have a hook-up on powder coating.
No problem.

·
on line
975 Posts
This is a good idea, I was never to comfortable drilling holes into the plastic. Now drilling a hole through the roof, that I can hide.

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It keeps it low and it matches the contour of the wet box.

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wet box or roof basket.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Every time i see people testing out the X on youtube, they refer to that area as putting in "wet gear" lol

·
on line
460 Posts
Its been a month since you posted your "Coming Soon"... what is the status? I am also curious about where you have the wire running through the roof? and could a CB antenna be mounted in the middle?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts