Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on puting some led strips under the footwells. Does anyone know of a good place to get power from in that area? Should I just do it from the fuse box with ad a fuse?

I will ad a toggle but also want the power off when the x isn't running. Any ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
You didn't fill in the year model on your profile. Different year models have different places you can get power from.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'd take the power from what ever fuse the interior map lights run off of. although i don't know if the relay is before or after the actual fuse. I'm just thinking , that way your "foot lights" come on at the same time as the rest of the interior does

·
on line
2,243 Posts
Stay out of the fuse panel.
There is a wire in the kick panel (get into the books to find it) that is the power feed for the map/dome lights. It is on the battery saver as well so after half an hour it will turn off to help save the battery (different battery saver then the headlights which is more aggressive since they draw a lot more power)
Being that you are only putting LEDs in there isn't enough power draw to worry about having to add a relay (a relay would probably draw more power to run the coil then the LEDs will draw).

·
Registered
670 Posts
I ran mine to the fuse box by the glove box and have had them there over a year with no problems. Turn on and off with the ignition.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
209 Posts
I did something a little different. I got some low light amber leds. One in each foot well and one under the center stack to shine in the cubby in front of your gear selector. Then I found the illumitanon wire that came off of the radio. Now I only have light when I turn the lights on, and I can dim them along with the rest of the dash lights. They are low light, really don't notice them until you look directly at the floor board.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Do you have a source for these LEDS? I am looking for some low illumination ones for some subtle lighting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts