on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think on the second site I just added has a mounting kit for it

"Designed To Securely Mount To The Roof Gutter. New Xtreme Black Powder Coat Finish Features A Lightly Textured Matte Finish That Resists Scratching. Peeling And Fading. Can Be Mounted To Many Vehicles With Internal Gutters By Using Our Gutterless Mount Kit. All S Come With Special Bolts That Are Keyed To Protect Your Investment. Universal Design"

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I built my own for less than that and put the lights as low as possible while still allowing it to clear the roof air dam. They lights fold fold down after pulling a pin. It also gives me a place to mount my ham radio antennas. The project took a bunch of hours but it was a learning experience. A couple others here have followed the plans I've published with success.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Are you using the stock cross bar from the rack to drill & house your wiring? Is this in the how-to's?
It's aluminum tube...not the stock cross bar. It's not in the How-To's...yet. I'm currently building one by following his plans and asking many questions (thanks again Paul!!!) I will probably write up a how-to when I'm done. I'll say this for now...it is definitely some tedious work so far. But, like Paul said, it's a learning experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts