Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a good deal on OEM Fog lights for my 2007 Xterra, I need the whole kit (lights & stalk).

I went to my local nissan dealer and they told me no kit exists yet i've seen them...

HALP!

·
on line
671 Posts
dealers are idiots....
they said the same thing for my new 08!!!
courtesyparts.com or enissanparts.com

·
on line
15,651 Posts
squawbanger said:
dealers are idiots....
they said the same thing for my new 08!!!
courtesyparts.com or enissanparts.com
That is because they do not come as a kit from Nissan. The dealers that have them as kits, put them together themselves. So it's not that dealers are idiots, it's that most dealers don't put the time in to do stuff like that.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Dude, go to yournissanparts.com get all the part #. Then go online order the fog lights of the junkyard. Dealer charges $100 per fog light, I picked 2 up for $125. then order the rest of the parts from local dealer, and you will be fine.

·
on line
671 Posts
okay not ALL dealers are idiots.Some though!
let me explain my idiot shot.
the guys at my 2 local dealers said the components from the OR series
or SE would not work in an S or X.Nor were they available at ALL!
Only after taking the 1 guy to Courtesy website did he recant his statement.
okay I'm a total novice when it comes to working on autos , but when I do open my mouth
I have at least some knowledge about the subject.
My dealers\service guys always seem to belittle customers.At least me....LOL
Exactly why they don't touch either one the X's
Warranty junk only!
Hope I didn't offend anyone!

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
The Problems with Dealers is they rely on Nissan to tell them when something can be done, thye figure it is a multi-billion company, who has whole teams that work on accessories and if something is available or retorfittable they will tell them.
Of course we all know that is not true,
Fog Light kits, SE Sunglass Holder are 2 examples of items Nissan has no clue exist, or can be fitted into any Xterra.

It really takes a sharp eyed dealer to figure it out, or a dealer with a connection to the best Xterra Forum out there, who has great members that fill them in!

Brian

·
on line
59 Posts
Are the fog light kits at your facility in Cherry Hill? I was wondering if I could just pick them up from there if I order the kit from your site? I am cheap, I'd rather spend $3 bucks for the bridge than $18 to ship them. Plus I can save $.20 on a gallon of gas. :toothy8:

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Absolutely, we have added the option of pickup at the checkout on the website.
We will notify you when the kit is ready for pickup.

Brian

·
on line
59 Posts
That's great! My order will be in shortly. I'm about 7 min away across the Betsy Ross. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts