Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

just got my X about a month ago and the guy at the dealership said i can put in after market fog lights in the stock bumper. Has anyone done this recently? If so where can I find these lights?

Thanks

·
on line
2,072 Posts
MOst people here will tell you that the OEM fog light kit is a good quality fog kit, very bright. The best place to purchase from is www.yournissanparts.com.

They are listed at $249 for the kit, which includes the turn signal stock with the foglight control. Their shipping is cheap, and I didn't know about it when I ordered, but we can use discount code "the newx" and get a discount. Someone posted they got the kit for $229.

Mine are on order from yournissanparts.com

I talked to my local dealer and they wanted $185 per light and couldn't find a listing for the stalk.

·
on line
360 Posts
I've also got an S and ordered the factory foglight kit at time of purchase last summer (not the most cost friendly route in hindsight).. it took a couple of weeks for them to get the parts in stock and only a couple hours to install. Overall, I'm quite pleased with them

·
on line
28 Posts
took yournissianparts.com 2 days to ship to me and took me an hour to install them. for 229 with shipping, they are def worth it.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
mine should arrive on Friday!! Has to go through customs!!

·
on line
28 Posts
I guess it's a lot cheaper for you to buy them from the US since the US dollar is so weak right now.

·
on line
384 Posts
Go with the factory ones. I don't recall anyone having found an aftermarket light that fit in there without making some kind of modification. And unless you remove the bumper cover, there is not a lot of room to maneuver around in there to do so.

I ordered mine from yournissan.com, got them in a few days, printed off the "How To" and spent an hour or two installing them. I have been quite happy with them. Add to that the fact that all the wiring is already there for them so they are "plug-and-play."

·
on line
2,072 Posts
klau25 said:
I guess it's a lot cheaper for you to buy them from the US since the US dollar is so weak right now.
Definetly, we just hit $1.08 US today. It was around $.85 US at the beginning of the year. The cost of a barrel of Oil, rise in gold, and very low unemployment rates are driving it up. Some say it may hit $1.15 US by Spring. At the rate of a penny a day, it may hit that by Xmas.

I have been going crazy the last 2 weeks with orders from the states
Shrockwork Sliders
Side body mouldings
Factory fog light kit
prg spacers and Mini Deaver AAL.

Just waiting for it all to arrive so I can spend 2 days in my garage!!!

·
on line
610 Posts
Without a doubt this is an absolute no-brainer, yournissanparts.com. The guy you order from is great to deal with, use the newx.org discount code, the kit comes with everything you will need, and its all Nissan factory stuff. Then look up the how-to on thsi website. Its so easy a monkey can do it, I know because I'm one of the biggest monkies around.

·
on line
28 Posts
Bueller44 said:
klau25 said:
Definetly, we just hit $1.08 US today. It was around $.85 US at the beginning of the year. The cost of a barrel of Oil, rise in gold, and very low unemployment rates are driving it up. Some say it may hit $1.15 US by Spring. At the rate of a penny a day, it may hit that by Xmas.

I have been going crazy the last 2 weeks with orders from the states
Shrockwork Sliders
Side body mouldings
Factory fog light kit
prg spacers and Mini Deaver AAL.

Just waiting for it all to arrive so I can spend 2 days in my garage!!!
yeah, not good time for us in the state. i would hate to travel outside the country now since the dollar is so weak. gas prices is going high again. well, I am glad you are taking advantage of this. haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts