Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install fog lights on my truck. I called the dealer to see how much they would charge to install. Don't feel like installing it myself. but he said that I might not be able to. plz tell me, he's wrong?

·
on line
1,054 Posts
pop the caps off, see if there is wiring, if there is then you're golden, if not, SOL.

most of the Xterras have the wiring tucked up underneath

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Im almost positive that all xterras have the wireing... And you dont want to have your dealer install this for you. Its got to be friggin easy as hell. They are already wired up, all you have to do is connect them.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
To find the wiring you need to unscrew the 2 screws that hold the plastic inside the fender. The front of the fender where the plastic meets the body sheet metal. If you take these 2 screws out you can pull the plastic back and look in with a flash light. Above the fog light holes there will be a wire taped up with a conector on it. I have an S and I had them.
Do not get a dealer to do this for you. It seriously is quick and easy. Even changing out the turn signal stock is so easy.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
I've just ordered them for my 2007 S model. I checked and I have the wires (checked before ordering of course).

Couple questions:

1) is disconnecting just the negative batt cable good enough for the install of the stock?

2) can this new stock (has the auto-dimm feature on it, which i don't have in the truck) somehow affect my warranty? I doubt it as long as I remove power first before swapping the stock out??

·
on line
809 Posts
I'm located in Mid town Tucson and could easily give you a hand installing the lights.

I just noticed you on the board I have nearly the exact same pic as your signature, just from a different angle:

Amusing.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
my dealer charges a minimum 95$ diag fee and they wouldn't do this just for free.

believe it or not.

i use them now for ONLY warranty work. Other stuff I do on my own....

·
on line
2,876 Posts
well see, i do my own oil changes because i like using synthetic and it's just quicker......because i don't have to wait on them or get a ride back to them etc......a convenience thing for me...

·
on line
1,084 Posts
I have an 06 X model and it was wired.Just taped up inside the fender. Did the install myself in about an hour. Had alittle trouble with the drivers side.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found the connectors. funny abc nissan said that Nissan does not carry Fog lights. but I'll order them from another dealer not a problem.

Anyone know of any cheaper place other than to pay $300. can't justify it.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bought the parts. I ordered the fog lights themselves from the auto-salvage yard. then ordered the rest at the dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts