Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Linky

If I were to buy the fog lights and stock from my local dealership they wouldn't give me the mounting hardware?

·
on line
1,884 Posts
I'd have to check with the local to believe that. But who knows they are dealers :cyclops:

·
on line
2,938 Posts
The fog lights are worth it. Use mine all the time as the regular headlights suck!!!

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Most dealers were not smart enough to look up the part numbers for the hardware, I went to the trouble to look it all up, and test it to make sure it was right.
They will sell them to you, they probably wont sell it at that price, and they will probably give you the wrong hardware, but if you like your local, give them a shot...

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Thanks Jersey! For being a good seller. :cheers:

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerseyparts said:
Most dealers were not smart enough to look up the part numbers for the hardware, I went to the trouble to look it all up, and test it to make sure it was right.
They will sell them to you, they probably wont sell it at that price, and they will probably give you the wrong hardware, but if you like your local, give them a shot...
No no no, I'm not trying to take business away from you. I was just trying to clarify that if I *did* go local that my chances of not getting everything I need is pretty good.

I hate when things are cloudy...I like them nice and clear. :)

Thanks for the response.

·
on line
5 Posts
I bought from these guys...great service, nicely packed, and they included everything. Installed it all in about half an hour. Definitely worth it instead of dealing with the hassels of the local dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
cornick said:
Jerseyparts said:
No no no, I'm not trying to take business away from you. I was just trying to clarify that if I *did* go local that my chances of not getting everything I need is pretty good.

I hate when things are cloudy...I like them nice and clear. :)

Thanks for the response.
LOL, It really is cloudy, cause I was not defending myself, I was just talking about the state of the Dealers,half are too lazy to do anything other than what is in front of them, the warning i was putting on the products was because we had to raise the price by 5.00 because NISSAN in all of their wisdom decided to discontinue selling the Hardware WITH the fog lights you had to order them seperately... I love it when Nissan makes it tougher on the dealers.
Imagine explaining to a guy who just bought a $724.00 Xenon Head Light assembly that he has to buy another $10.00 in hardware because Nissan wants to reduce cost of shipping the hardware with the headlight....

·
on line
2,938 Posts
The 2 nissan dealer service centers suck by my. The waiting area is old and out dated, the techs get the X dirty on the inside, and it takes them two hours to change the oil. They should head over to the local honda dealships for a lesson in service.

Cannot wait until I go in there tomorrow to buy some plastic interior panel clips.

Hope yours is run better.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
LOL, naa we have a brand new facility, with Flat screen plasma TV, all clean and shiny, even the shop has tile floors. no chance of grease getting on the car unless the tech is covered in it.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Jerseyparts said:
LOL, naa we have a brand new facility, with Flat screen plasma TV, all clean and shiny, even the shop has tile floors. no chance of grease getting on the car unless the tech is covered in it.
I tend to judge my repair shop by its cover. One as Jersey describes tends to get me until they prove otherwise.

We are lucky in that cyclemutt (XOC, XF, RMXC) is a Nissan Tech so we have a dealer we can go to when needed. :cheers:

·
on line
82 Posts
Jerseyparts said:
I have been to turnersville Nissan I got my rear door quarter window from them and let me tell the Place is spottless the shop looks like a good place for a wedding reception its really nice. I do have a complaint though when I go in to the parts counter It always seems to be empty and I end standing around. But in the end they got me I needed.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
geo9974 said:
Jerseyparts said:
I have been to turnersville Nissan I got my rear door quarter window from them and let me tell the Place is spottless the shop looks like a good place for a wedding reception its really nice. I do have a complaint though when I go in to the parts counter It always seems to be empty and I end standing around. But in the end they got me I needed.
LOL, Thats because they got me in the Back surrounded by computer screens, we are hiring someone for that front counter, our guys are supposed to check it every so often, but sometimes it does not get done..
I apologize, feel free to contact my extension anytime you are in:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
cornick said:
Linky

If I were to buy the fog lights and stock from my local dealership they wouldn't give me the mounting hardware?
I tried to buy from mine, after a fiasco they could only get me the lights and the switch no hardware, $340. No thanks. I have seen a kit complete for like 250.

MC

·
on line
15,651 Posts
For the fog lights and the Shrock bumper all you need is the lights and the hardware shrock sends (spacer plates and 1/4" bolts).

·
on line
189 Posts
my dealer said that u have to buy it sepearte...
i was like dont they have a whole package deal..
there like no..haha

idiots

1 - 20 of 38 Posts