Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I crushed the OEM muffler at the niora run so while looking
into a replacement I came across the new flowmaster super 44 off road
muffler and bought one from 21st century exhaust for 70 bucks.

I had it welded on yesterday to the stock pipes and it don't sound half bad but it was more the strenght and size I was concerned about anyway
it is tucked above the frame now closer to the body and has a 14 gague dimond plate case around it for protection if anybody is intrested the
order number is 942448or

·
on line
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My camera didn't do the sound of the muffler any justice so I will not post it.
again, this is more for durability then sound anyway but it has a deeper tone then the oem and is louder also, I kind of wish it was quiet for when I wheel where I don't want to be heard :tongue4:

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I just purchased this exact muffler after smashing my OEM muffler this summer at Rausch Creek. It is way cheaper to buy this after market than it is to replace it with a stock muffler. So, go smash your muffler's too and join the club!

·
on line
49 Posts
$100 from autoanything. super happy with the sound. i was worried that there would be an annoying drone on the highway, but it's totally tolerable. also had them fabricate a 'y' pipe while they were at it.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
alright, i'm about to pull the trigger on this (my muffler got it real bad in Cali). I have the Gibson on there now. Thing is, I was just looking at it, and it seems the inlet and outlet pipes are centered. Then, I looked at the stock muffler I have sitting here and the inlet/outlet are offset. Which should I buy?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i think you can get away with the offset/center muffler. just make sure that the offset is on the inlet side. duh!

·
on line
264 Posts
have u guys noticed any hp or mpg increase?

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
No, and I don't think any gains exist when installing this muffler. It sounds good though and should prolong the life of your engine by diverting heat away from the engine into the exhaust. I bought it for off-road clearance and strength.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
a little warning to those with the Gibson exhaust that want to swap mufflers for this one. This muffler is shorter by about a foot than the Gibson muffler. My piping won't reach and I have to go to a shop this afternoon to get an extension pipe put in. Just throwing it out there...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts