Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay not to try and torment all of you with another bloody exhaust thread but when I searched I couldn't really come to a decision. I'm replacing my stock muffler. Not changing anything else. I DON'T want to sound like a Civic and I DO want it to sound throaty.

I was going to buy a 40 series until I heard they resonate alot in the cabin. Does the Magnaflow sound throaty or is it more deep sounding? I know I don't have a v8 but was looking for something medium loud with a good tone.

Its a 2002 X 3.3L SuperCharged. Thanks in advance.

·
on line
807 Posts
Not sure how much help you will get on here. Exhaust tone is totally dependent on the engine, and you have a first gen.... and this is a 2nd gen site.

But... Generally Flowmasters have a more hollow rumble, while magnaflow has more of a smooth growl.
Just search youtube.

·
on line
75 Posts
Go to TeamXterraRacing.com look at the video section and watch any of those in car clips to hear what dual S.S. Magnaflo on an Xterra sound like.

I have not heard the Flowmaster, but love the sound I got from the Magnaflo. Plus they are stainless and don't rust!

·
on line
125 Posts
I had a Magnaflow exhaust on my first gen with a K&N intake and it sounded good. Deep tone, not ricey at all. I don't have any sound clips, but I was happy with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts