Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched almost all the post here, and I got mixed results about the flowmaster 40 series. Some say it sounds ricey, others say it drones like crazy, and some say they love it. I have a magnaflow exhaust right now, but honestly I want something a little different, possibly a little louder. I was thinking of doing a dual exhaust, but some people said it is not possible because of the gas tank I think? What do you guys think? I might possibly be going to Meineke tomorrow, and I am hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction.

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Shadow has duals on his X.
Check it out here - http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8571&highlight=exhaust

I have the super 40 and it sounds Great but I also have a 6 Speed manual X which sounds a little different that an Auto, do to the shifting.

Hit up the search in the section and it will pull up a bunch about the Flowmaster 40s

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it looks like I will be keeping my Magnaflow, I ended up picking up a set of wheels instead. I like the sound of the Magnaflow, I just wanted it a tad bit louder.

·
on line
14 Posts
I have the flowmaster supper 44 off-road muffler. I like the sound in the lower RPM range but in the up RPM range it does sound a little like a four banger!!! JUST A LITTLE!!!

·
on line
1,081 Posts
I've got the 50 series Delta Flow on my X. The difference over stock is perceptable both inside the cab and out, particularly at lower rpm's. It's not even remotely loud or obnoxious though. The original 40 series might be the way to go if you're looking for something a bit on the louder side. I'll agree with xrated though, mine sounds much deeper and throatier at rpm's below ~4K. After that the exhaust tone becomes much less appealing.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I've got the Flowmaster 50 series, offset, catback (dual) and it sounds great after breakin--

--Has good sound as rpm climbs, good RAP on deceleration, cabin drone, only when lugging, in to high a gear (good shift point note !)

---Used all, SS tubing and tips--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts