Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do a little trail ride at Citrus Sunday 09-28-14 with a fellow Xterra owner that is new to the area. I would like to send out an open invite to any other Nissan owners that want to ride with us. After all the rain we had recently the trails are going to be sloppy so I am thinking 4WD will be needed. Our meeting spots etc are posted below. Please post something or P.M. me if you plan on going or have any questions.

Ride Meeting Locations/Schedule

7-11 Hwy-50 & Suncoast Parkway
Meet…….8:30
Departure time:……8:45
This will be the last store, gas restroom etc. before we hit the trails. (it is about a 20 minute drive to trail head from the 7-11)
The address for the 7-11 is 15310 Cortez Blvd. Brooksville, FL 34613

County Road 480 (W. Stage Coach Trail) and Trail 13 (North side) Time:….9:10-9:15
This is the trail head…We enter the trail system here
You can map directions to the trail head on Google. It will pull up if you type in……
W. Stage Coach Trail and Trail 13 Citrus County Fl. as your destination.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bang…….Great!....Are you going to meet at the 7-11 or trail head?

mauro1…..How is the calendar looking?

importpower99…..In the spring after hunting season is over we need to do a two or three day camp-out/trail ride. Between the Citrus, Croom and Richloam tracts of the Withlacoochee State Forest we would have plenty of trails to ride.

Is anyone else thinking about going?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not have anything planned for November at this time. There is always a chance of a short notice ride being put together.

·
Registered
607 Posts
bang…….Great!....Are you going to meet at the 7-11 or trail head?

mauro1…..How is the calendar looking?

importpower99…..In the spring after hunting season is over we need to do a two or three day camp-out/trail ride. Between the Citrus, Croom and Richloam tracts of the Withlacoochee State Forest we would have plenty of trails to ride.

Is anyone else thinking about going?
Yell-X, sounds intriguing but I may not be able to do that as I have a little one due in February, but if it's planned far in advance I can see what I can do.

Also, I normally attend wheeling events and feel bad about backing out of this one. If you plan something later this year I can tell you that there is a 90% chance of me showing up. I just moved here form Pennsylvania and I'm pretty sad to find out there is no trails in south Florida so I will be itching in a month or so to get out there.

Also, maybe we should start hustling some area Xterra owners for a new club and maybe we can approach the State parks and see if they could let us wheel anywhere in exchange for public services like trail clean up or Python slaughtering :).

Let me know

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Do not feel bad about not attending. 8 hours of drive time is a huge price to pay to attend an informal day ride. Like I told Alpha there is a chance of another ride or two before the end of the year. The problem with wheeling late in the year is we have to share the forest with the hunters. They have a short amount of time to do their thing so I try limit the hours that I wheel. I do not like to be in the forest must early then 9:30-10:00 and try to be out no later than 3:00ish.

No trails to ride seems to be a common complaint by the south Florida members. Once the little one arrives you are going to have to put your life on hold for a while. The good news is the fragile stage does not last that long. I have had of my kids on trial rides at an early age.

It would be nice to hustle up some new members. In the past we had some decent sized rides and camp outs. Most of the active members that were in the area lost interest and have moved on. Things have been slow for the last year or so. We are starting to pick up some new active members. With a little bit of effort I could see our state with a decent sized group of active members again.

The Forest Service usually has one or more large organized trial clean ups a year. It is good PR for the 4WD drive clubs to make a strong showing at them. It does not get you access to off limit areas but it might get you a friendlier attitude from the forest service.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No rides planned at this time. I might try to do something towards the end of January.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts