Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings fellow Florida members.

The last several months I have been down for the count with a few minor but annoying health issues. Now I am more or less healed and ready to start hitting the trails again.

In the last 90 days I have received a few PMs from some new members asking when is the next ride. I am getting together with a couple friends to do a Citrus ride Sunday March 30th. This is going to be a nice mild sober sane family ride. If anyone is interested in joining us or has any questions let me know.

Ride Meeting Locations/Schedule

7-11 Hwy-50 & Suncoast Parkway
Meet 8:00-8:10
Departure time:8:15
This will be the last store, gas restroom etc. before we hit the trails. (it is about a 20 minute drive to trail head from the 7-11)
The address for the 7-11 is 15310 Cortez Blvd. Brooksville, FL 34613

County Road 480 (W. Stage Coach Trail) and Trail 13 (North side) Time:8:35-8:45
This is the trail head…We enter the trail system here
You can map directions to the trail head on Google. It will pull up if you type in……
W. Stage Coach Trail and Trail 13 Citrus County Fl. as your destination.

Please post up or PM me if you are planning on going.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Greetings fellow Florida members.

The last several months I have been down for the count with a few minor but annoying health issues. Now I am more or less healed and ready to start hitting the trails again.

In the last 90 days I have received a few PMs from some new members asking when is the next ride. I am getting together with a couple friends to do a Citrus ride Sunday March 30th. This is going to be a nice mild sober sane family ride. If anyone is interested in joining us or has any questions let me know.

If we pick up any members I will update this first post will meeting locations times etc.
Welcome back. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one posting in Florida!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not go anywhere. I was just not 100% and did not have much to say.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Count me in for the ride. I've been itching (and even dreaming) about wheeling. It's been too long.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hector….You are not the only one itching/dreaming about wheeling. As long as I stay healthy Richloam and Hard Rock are on my agenda with in the next month or so. Croom is another area that I want to explore.

Darkknight……I do my best to keep all of my rides family friendly. Citrus is one of the better family friendly areas that we ride. There are rest rooms in the forest and caves that you can hike out to.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Near Inverness in Citrus County on the west side of the state. Where would you be coming from?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We usually meet at a 7-11 on Hwy. 50 then head up to the trail head. My guess is the 7-11 is about an hour and a half drive from Lake Mary. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the trails from the 7-11. The address for the 7-11 is 15310 Cortez Blvd. (Hwy. 50) Brooksville, FL 34613. No meeting times are inked in yet but we tend to meet up at the 7-11 8:00-8:30.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good luck with the big move. I would offer to help with but my lower back is fried.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
3+ hours is a long haul for a day ride. Some times we camp out and do a two day ride. The drive is easier to justify if you get two full days of riding.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Because it is located closed to me I tend to do a lot of rides in the Withlacoochee State Forest. There are several different tracts in the forest. The Citrus tract is the one we hit the most but we also ride The Richloam and Croom tracts. Sometimes I head up to Ocala to ride in the National Forest. Ocala also has the Hardrock Off Road Park and a couple pits to ride in. Hardrock and the pits in Ocala are most challenging ride areas that I know of in the state.

Here are a links to past Citrus ride as well as links to ride videos taken by Hector (Turbopowr).

Citrus Pics Page 4 of this ride thread: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54233&page=4

Citrus Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y47Z4uVnAJs&list=UUqL2XW9DS3NW7D7-4FtJI8g

Average conditions at Richloam Video (My wife driving the Discovery)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqOt_RkQ_-Q&list=UUqL2XW9DS3NW7D7-4FtJI8g

Richloam just as we were starting to slammed by a Tropical Storm (Me driving the Discovery)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIqzL_SBE2U&list=UUqL2XW9DS3NW7D7-4FtJI8g

If you go to Youtube you can search for off road videos in the Citrus, Richloam or Croom Wildlife Management Areas or Ocala National forest. You will also find lots of videos for Hardrock Ocala, Alpha-Pit Ocala and Bravo-Pit Ocala. The pits are also called A-Pit or B-pit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks. Looks better then I thought it would in my head. Somedays I like a nice easy trail ride to explore.

the offroad park in Ocala looks like most the terrain we have here in Maine, I would be willing to hit that place up in my Xterra with just my budget 2.5" spacer and 2" shackle on 285s. See how I fair. Your ground is more "sandy" Then our's. But Its just going to be a new driving curve to learn to wheel on.

Hope I can get out and meet up with you guys by OCT. I have allot going on when I first get to Florida (Lakeland)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I figured those links would give you a good feel for the places that I wheel at in Florida. Let me know when you are ready to hit some Florida trails.

Ride Schedule below......It is also on the first post of the thread.

Ride Meeting Locations/Schedule

7-11 Hwy-50 & Suncoast Parkway
Meet 8:00-8:10
Departure time:8:15
This will be the last store, gas restroom etc. before we hit the trails. (it is about a 20 minute drive to trail head from the 7-11)
The address for the 7-11 is 15310 Cortez Blvd. Brooksville, FL 34613

County Road 480 (W. Stage Coach Trail) and Trail 13 (North side) Time:8:35-8:45
This is the trail head…We enter the trail system here
You can map directions to the trail head on Google. It will pull up if you type in……
W. Stage Coach Trail and Trail 13 Citrus County Fl. as your destination.

Please post up or PM me if you are planning on going.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to the forums but have been talking to Yell-x about meeting up with you guys for about a month now. Located in the Orlando area. Excited to hit up some trails. See you all Sunday.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts