Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any company out there make leaf spring flip kits for the X? if not, is there a downside of having this kind of kit? thanks

·
on line
294 Posts
its already spring under. a flip kit would lift it.

·
on line
358 Posts
No makes a kit that I know of. It usualy is something that you buy or make the nessary brackets and start cutting and welding. With a spring ove axle you will get more axle wrap. I belive Ponyboy BoonDox and 8th Man have done SOA when they went to a SAS.

·
on line
62 Posts
lowhombre said:
Epic228 said:
exactly, trying to find out if anyone makes flip kit to raise it 3"?
A flip kit would raise it more than 3", probably closer to 6".

It will raise it the thickness of the axle tubes plus the thickness of the leaf springs and spring perch.

Vince :clown:

·
on line
47 Posts
This Mod is ususally more trouble and expense than it is worth. Partly because there are other options that are bolt on, and do not require welding. You need to be really hard-core to be able to make use of a SOA conversion. Besides, if you are dragging your spring mounts, you are going to bust other things too, and they are more important.

·
on line
294 Posts
Vinman said:
lowhombre said:
Epic228 said:
exactly, trying to find out if anyone makes flip kit to raise it 3"?
A flip kit would raise it more than 3", probably closer to 6".

It will raise it the thickness of the axle tubes plus the thickness of the leaf springs and spring perch.

Vince :clown:
not necessarily. here's a link for a SOA conversion done on a 02X (i know, not the same) but still, check it out.

http://www.linxc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=372&highlight=spring+conversion

O1SalsaX said:
It does NOT provide the 6" plus of lift that everyone was afraid of. It provides probably around 4" of lift, which is perfect for Xterras.
prolly gonna hafta be custom, but it is doable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts