Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a short little vid. of the truck from yesterday... It still surprises me sometimes what 2wd w/ a locker will get you over.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Looks like the potholes on my home street, my Toyota Camry sometimes has a little trouble with the POTS--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
631 Posts
yeeeeeeaaaa buddy!! nice three wheel motion!

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shutupwhenurtalkingtome said:
What stopped you from getting a 4wd? Should consider buying a winch
Price was a big consideration when buying the truck. I was 19 when I bought it. Originally I was looking at a 6spd. SE and then found this. The setup I'm running allows me to run all the trails where I live. We don't have rocks or anything to play on (although I had a great time when I went to URE). My next truck might be 4wd though, but for now the 2wd is doing just fine. I'd like to put a divorced t-case so that I could have a low range, but that may or may not happen.

Oh, and I carry a 4 ton come-a-long w/ me in the truck all the time, along w/ a couple 20 ft. tow straps!

19 Posts
bwarren228 said:
Shutupwhenurtalkingtome said:
What stopped you from getting a 4wd? Should consider buying a winch
Price was a big consideration when buying the truck. I was 19 when I bought it. Originally I was looking at a 6spd. SE and then found this. The setup I'm running allows me to run all the trails where I live. We don't have rocks or anything to play on (although I had a great time when I went to URE). My next truck might be 4wd though, but for now the 2wd is doing just fine. I'd like to put a divorced t-case so that I could have a low range, but that may or may not happen.

Oh, and I carry a 4 ton come-a-long w/ me in the truck all the time, along w/ a couple 20 ft. tow straps!
I guess you're set then.

·
on line
358 Posts
Looks like your out having fun. Have fun even with 2wd.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did anyone notice how much the front tire was stuffed? I took the front sway-bar off about a month ago and the front flexes a little better now, and is also a little smoother over large bumps. Just something to consider for you X guys. If nothing else, you can unbolt the endlinks before hitting the trail.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea it dances a little more, but still corners fine. It took me a day or two to adjust but I don't even think about it any more. Well worth it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts