Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a month long road tirp on my way to Denver to go house hunting. I figured, what the hell, might as well travel a little bit in between. Updated schedule as of 2/27

Camping/Wheelin' with Uncle & Cousin in Ocala NF, FL - 3/7-3/8
Estero, FL - 3/8-3/12
Estero-->Austin 3/13-3-14
Austin, TX - 3/14-3/16
Christening 3/15 - No wheelin
Big Bend NP, TX (camping)- 3/17-3/20
Guadalupe/Carlsbad Caverns NP, NM (camping) - 3/20-3/22
Tuscon/Phoenix/Sedona, AZ (camping & wheelin') - 3/22-3/26
Four corners or ABQ - 3/27
Denver - 3/28 til late april to buy a house.

If any of you guys wanna meet up while I'm in your area, let's go wheelin!!! Or, if ya wanna come along for part of my stint in the SW, come on!!! Wheelin, Camping, Beer, Nature....good stuff.

On the way back to NJ to pack up my stuff, I'll be heading through Oklahoma and Arkansas then back up north.

When I'm done with this trip, I'll have 4 states left to visit...AK, HI, MI, and ND. Woot!!!

·
on line
97 Posts
When you make it out to Denver let me know and jollyman78 and I will take you out for a beer and talk shop.

·
on line
109 Posts
Hey man ill be at HArlan too

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright guys...I updated my original post with a clearer vision of dates/areas.

For you Texas guys - I don't NEED to be in Austin until 3/14, so if you wanna meet up or go wheelin' or whatever near Houston, let me know. I know it's in the middle of the week...take a day off!!!

For you AZ folks, I kinda just lumped all of your area together. I figure Tuscon/Phoenix/Sedona are not THAT far away from each other, and it being a Saturday that I'm rolling into the area, we could meet up on Saturday afternoon/Sunday and if some of you want to take off that Monday & Tuesday, that'd be awesome. Let's do some camping.

Lastly, anyone in FL that wants to come to Ocala NF is more than welcome.

I'm psyched...I love it when a plan comes together.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
"I figure Tuscon/Phoenix/Sedona are not THAT far away from each other"

Going north from Tucson to PHX (2 hrs) PHX to Sedona (2 hrs). You'll need a day in Tucson (Charleau Gap or Chivo Falls), and another day (or two) in Sedona for Broken Arrow, Soldier Pass, and whatnot.
We (AZXC) talked about you at our last meeting and myself and a couple others figured we'd join you in the redrocks. Maybe you, DesurtRat, and Webfur can hook up with JasonAZX to hit the Tucson trails? Bump up your itinerary by 10-12 days and you can join in the SWANKy sponsored AZRUN VIII LINK HERE, a classic in the making or meet some AZXC at our 2nd annual Chili cookoff LINK HERE. Either way, you'll have a good time from NM to here, there's a full moon the 21st, which is awesome for you if you'll be camping the 22nd on, in AZ. Sedona + full moon = :alien:. We're watching the thread, see ya' when ya' get here..

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow man, thanks for the info (Charleau Gap/Chivo Falls). I really don't know much at all about southern AZ. I've traveled extensively from about Interstate 40 north. As for the AZRUN, i can't make it to that. I have to make my way west from FL for a christening in TX. Oh, and FULL MOON in the DESERT!!!! Booyah!!!

·
on line
671 Posts
Hit me up when you get to St Pete or Ocala!

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Let me know what dates you want to do this. I will make my plans accordingly. even if it means coming back from Nor Cal early. I don't mind leading chivo falls.

·
on line
259 Posts
I'll join you for some light wheeling and camping when you get to Denver. It should be warming up by them.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright, well...i'm not on the road yet. I should be headed straight to FL next Wed/Thurs. I'm going to Ocala NF on Friday afternoon, camping there, and wheelin on Saturday. If anyone wants to join us (me, my uncle, and my cousin) let me know. From there, I'm going to Naples for a few days and then over to Austin. From there, the schedule is the same as it's been from the beginning. You AZ guys still game for some wheelin/camping? Anyone want to come out to Carlsbad/Guadalupe - Camping/Hiking? Let me know.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Creek said:
alright, well...i'm not on the road yet. I should be headed straight to FL next Wed/Thurs. I'm going to Ocala NF on Friday afternoon, camping there, and wheelin on Saturday. If anyone wants to join us (me, my uncle, and my cousin) let me know. From there, I'm going to Naples for a few days and then over to Austin. From there, the schedule is the same as it's been from the beginning. You AZ guys still game for some wheelin/camping? Anyone want to come out to Carlsbad/Guadalupe - Camping/Hiking? Let me know.
I'm more than down, let me know if u want to wheel in Tucson, I'll open my schedule up, and go from there. if this is confirmed I'll post up and make it an official run.

I can make it on 3/23 or 3/22.

Make the run in Tucson, I was thinking doing Chiva Falls and Chimney rock.

or run box Canyon, martinez cabins, coke ovens,

1 - 20 of 71 Posts