Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took an exit to a hiway and not 5 seconds later i smelled real bad fishy smell and turned on the A/C and the smell went away. Any idea what that was all about, anyone has experience this before? should i be worried? no lights came on or anything...

·
on line
78 Posts
you didn't have tuna for lunch did you? you probably passed a water trearment plant or something dont worry bout it there were no fish harmed in the building of your X :drunken:

·
on line
135 Posts
I don't know what it smells like, but it sure sounds fishy to me. Better wear you goloshes just for the "hallibut!"

..get it, hallibut!

·
on line
39 Posts
If it smells like fish, make it a dish. If it smells like cologne, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

·
on line
210 Posts
lowhombre said:
Any idea what that was all about, anyone has experience this before? should i be worried? no lights came on or anything...
It's stalled wather inside the AC box. Many new X has that. It's usually goes away after 2 or 3 weeks. Some are worse than other. I remember the one I took for a test drive, it just came in to the dealer and it was bad. Mine, when I toked delivery wasn't that bad.

See Ya

·
on line
335 Posts
yeah, it can grow alittle moldy in there, mine did that for alittle while. don't use the 'recirculate' option unless you have to..and if it doesn't go away, use some lysol spray and spray it in the system when it is on recirculate to try and 'clean' it out.

·
on line
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FINALLY! :cheers: a real answer, thanks for the info................

·
on line
237 Posts
I have had a dealer tell me that you are not supposed to turn the vehicle off while the a/c is still on as it leaves water in the system, which in turn can get stale/smelly. I personally have never had this problem, on any vehicle, but I have known some people who have had to have the entire ducting system replaced because it smelt like someone died in their car. :pukeright:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts