Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fly fishing for roosters, mahi mahi and tuna in Cabo- Thanks Victor- it was amazing!

Dorado (mahi mahi)- was delicious.

Roosterfish (actually caught this on the 'teaser' mackrel- guide couldn't reel it in fast enough for me to get my fly out there!)

Yellowfin tuna (a small one):

The best sushi ever is yellowfin tuna you caught 2 hours before it hits the plate. Awesome fish tacos too- even my wife (who can't stand the thought of eating something I caught / killed) said they were delicious.

:nerd:pS- for those of you that already use or are interested in two handed rods the bigger fly store in Sac. (Kiene's) is having intro classes on 8/27-28. Check their website for details. I started this spring for steelhead (not much luck) and shad in the spring / summer (sometimes 14 in an hour!) and it's a blast. Can't wait for winter and steelhead / salmon up north.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
The dolphin and yelowfin both look delicious. I used to buy them at the fish house straight off the boat but never got to fish, or even better fly fish for them. Looks like a great time!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Planning on throwing some worms in tomorrow evening with my mini-me...hopefully we have something good to post on this thread afterwards, although I doubt it'll compare to what I've seen so far.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well...insult to injury...had my son with me on this trip. He caught something like 8 cats, 2 small stripers, and 2-3 bluegill in the span of ~2 hours. His comment was 'That fish is so small I'm not even going to count it. Its not even a fish, its more of a fi...'

Yep...that was a kick right in the nuts.

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is from last year, but thought I would share. King salmon caught on the Kenai River. It was massive!!! Video link if interested:

It's been edited to a bit over 1 minute. Won first place in the video division last year, and total time of fight was about 45 minutes!! Super strong fish!

Attachments

141 - 156 of 156 Posts