Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

I've been reading a lot over the past few years and before that, I always remember the Xterra sponsorship in the Warren Miller films. Turns out I moved to CO, became a "ski bum", sold my '03 3series (I still miss her... NEVER had an issue in the snow with AWD, snows, and a 1.25"R/1.5"F suspension drop), and ordered a '15 P4x in metallic blue with a 6spd. I've had it since Sept '14 and loving it ever since.

I was originally on E46Fanatics.com (same username) for the longest time and am used to modifying the Beemer. Only difference was I was lowering the suspension instead of lifting it :rofl:

Some of the things I've done so far are:
- Plasti-dipped all emblems (I hate the look of chrome)
- Installed a 22" LED Auxbeam bar in the grill
- Wore out the stock tires and put on OEM size Hancook Dynapro ATM's
- Trunk mounted fire extinguisher
- Changed stock mud flaps for Rally Armor

Just ordered and will be installed as soon as they arrive:
- OffRoad Gorilla's hood strut mod

On the list of things to do (no particular order but hopefully completed this summer):
- White Knuckle Rock Sliders
- Windshield Cowl, bucktooth, side molding, and corners painted (still deciding on whether to use bead liner or something else, and if I should do the bucktooth the same color as the car)
- Spacer and shackle lift, with 1.5" wheel spacers and cam bolt
- Sound deaden/dampen the door cards, rear hatch, and floor
- Install larger struts for the rear hatch
- HiLift X-treme Jack, recovery kit, and tube mount for the roof rack
- Tail hitch recovery shackle
- Vigg Designs blackout hood (attempted it with plasti-dip but didn't last long)
- Rear diff breather mod

On the back burner:
- Rear diff cover
- U-Bolt Flip on rear springs
- Rear shock skids
- Maybe a front bumper and winch (and that's a big maybe)

I'm just looking to make the ride a bit more quiet/comfortable and capable. I currently live with Ophir and Imogene passes in my backyard, and only about 2.5 hours from Moab.

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed the hood blackout from Crawlorado today. Look him up. I would recommend his if you are anywhere near springs to save on shipping. He also claims to have a better product than Vigg.

Edit: ouch Ophir is 6 hours driving away...
Yeah, I'm out in the boonies. And I definitely will look his up; thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Welcome to the site, sort of :)

The rear did breather mod should be at the top of your list. I put it off and paid the price. I'm sure I've got a lot more miles than you but it's a cheap, quick and easy mod to get off the list.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome from Lakewood! My first car was a 92 e36 325i in calypsorot red - love and miss that thing

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts