Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Xterra Lovers!

Great site; been browsing over it for a few weeks and you guys have answered so many questons and contemplations I have about Xterras. My wife loves Xterra's but I was convinced I'd never fit in one - I still miss old 79' Bronco, now THAT had interior room... but with gas prices the way they are, forget it. Anyway, turns out I fit in the new Xterras and I think they're very capable vehicles with a lot of modification potential. Those Gobi ladders are sweet and some of you guys have terrific looking rigs.

We'll be buying a new Off Road edition this spring when I finish this education degree, and I already have a bone to pick with Nissan.

How can it be that up here in Canada a well-equipped off-road Xterra runs around $39,000 but down south in the States it comes in around $30,000? What the Hell? Especially since the Canadian dollar has finally achieved parity with the U.S. dollar. $9,000 bucks difference?!?!

Come on Nissan - if fact all you Canadian Auto Dealers - give your heads a shake! Otherwise people like me will be buying used cars (even Xterras) in the U.S. via Ebay. It'll be worth the shipping.

Anyways, glad to be here. Nice to meet you all.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Welcome aboard. Is coming into the states to purchase an Xterra not a good idea? For 9 grand I would make the trip.

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Welcome aboard. Is coming into the states to purchase an Xterra not a good idea? For 9 grand I would make the trip.
All new car dealers in both Canada and the U.S. have agreements restricting them from selling a vehicle for direct export to another country - I can't buy a new Xterra from a U.S. dealer and take it Canada, which would be great. Used vehicles don't have that problem, which is why so many Canadians are buying U.S. used vehicles on Ebay and either shipping them up or flying down to drive them back up. It's worth it since our dollar is now so high.

You darn Yanks and your cheap cars. lol

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The problem is, the dollar just equaled out recently. All your car dealers bought the cars on the lot at a much higher price. I bet if the dollars stay equal long enough, you will see the prices also even out.

What sucks is I use to be able to spend a 3 day weekend in Canada for less than $500 US back a few years ago. Now it will cost as much or more as going to a US city.

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point about the Canadian cars Muzikman.

About the dollar, it works out great for a guy like me. I've been a Steelers fan since 94' and I've dreamed about flying to Pittsburgh to catch a game for years. Now, with the high dollar, it's a cheaper possibility.

:cheers:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Wow, a Canadian football fan? You do know we have 100 yard fields and 4 downs right? ;)

If you ever make it to Pittsburgh for a game, let me know, i'll show you around town and show you have to tailgate like a Steelers fan. :)

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL. Canadian football isn't anywhere near as exciting as the NFL and TONS of Canucks are NFL fans. My brother lives in Vancouver and is a die-hard Seahawks fan - which makes last sunday's pasting by the Steelers so very nice.

We will definately make it to Pittsburgh someday, my wife and I can't wait. There was a tv show up here on the "World's Top 5 Places to Pig Out" and this Pittsburgh restaurant that serves a sandwich with french fries in it ranked 3rd. It was like a heart-attack on bread, you might as well swallow a hand-grenade. I'm definately going there! Thanks for the invite Muzikman.

All Hail Casey Hampton!

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A Primanti Cheese Steak with egg and hot sauce!?!?

THAT'S AWESOME! I can't believe they'd actually make that sandwich. My cholesterol is rising just thinking about it.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yep, it's a slab of processed steak (not sure if it's real meat even), cheese, 2 eggs (over hard), fresh cut fries, vinegar based coleslaw on two thick slices of Mancini's Italian bread. You have to add the hot sauce, but it's on every table and counter.

There are many places that have things called "A Pittsburgh Sandwich", it's basically the idea of adding fires and slaw on a sandwich.

In Pittsburgh we also put fries on our salad's. A Pittsburgh steak salad would be your normal salad, with strips of steak and fries on top.

If it's healthy for you, we have to find a way to make it less healthy.

Fried veggie salads are also pretty popular. Take things you would normally find on a salad (peppers, onion, cucumbers, ect), fry them up and put them on a bed of lettuce.

And everything gets washed down with beer. :)

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

And it is the heated mirrors that add 9K to your Xterras!

·
on line
704 Posts
What is stopping you from buying a slightly used OR in the U.S.? You can find them for around $23K.

Welcome, btw :)

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's true, we get the RF stereo as standard equipment in the OR edition... that with the daytime running lights, block heater and the speedometer in kilometers instead of miles is where the $9,000 comes from. I feel like such an idiot now.

You see, I've only been a member of this site for a few days and already you guys have enlightened me.

Thank you gentlemen. Carry on.

·
on line
432 Posts
Hey! And your dog is awesome looking :p

- Russell

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. She's a red husky and she's a devil in a blue dress. I'm hoping the plastic-covered cargo area in an Xterra will be easy to clean all her shedding fur off of.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts