Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing special. Thought it would be worse, but it really didn't get that muddy. I snatched the running boards off lastnight. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get some 255/85's. In the words of Borat, "I'm very excite!".

I posed the truck next to the Shenandoah River in Harpers Ferry, WV. The sun was on the wrong side of the river, so the wrong side of the truck was lit up.

You can see my weener dog/beagle peaking in from the right side.

If only this side was lit up better.

My dad's Hummer, just because it's a funny picture.

This weekend they are calling for some snow. Not only that but we are planning on going mudding around again (if the mud isn't frozen by then). So more pictures can be expected.

·
on line
316 Posts
Don't get me started on H2's...

·
on line
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He uses it to tow his Case 40XT skidloader. The price of dual wheel, 4 door pick-up trucks is higher than the price he paid for the H2. Not to mention it's a nice truck. Does everything he's wanted to do with it.

·
on line
316 Posts
Ricky said:
He uses it to tow his Case 40XT skidloader. The price of dual wheel, 4 door pick-up trucks is higher than the price he paid for the H2. Not to mention it's a nice truck. Does everything he's wanted to do with it.
Considering they get 8 gallons to the mile, Can't clear a pebble if they are asked to, Have virtually the same underpinnings as a Tahoe, and have the visibility of a bunker when looking out the windows to see where you're going and who you are attempting to run into, I would have found another vehicle to suit my needs. Then again, thats just my opinion. Theres a reason why I have "HUMMER RECOVERY VEHICLE" decals on my X.

·
on line
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok ok. I didn't post the pictures of the Hummer up there to get bashed about it. Like I said it does exactly what my dad bought it for. He's not taking it down any wild offroad trails or anything. We use it to go hunting in sometimes (when we're not in my truck) and he also takes it out on the beach when he and my mom take their annual trip to the Outer Banks, which they also tow a big camper down with them.

It also gets 13mpg when he drives it (not the greatest, but better than 8mpg). As for not seeing stuff and running into things because of that... I have a CDL driver's license as well as my father, so we may be a bit out of that opinion, but neither he or myself have ever hit anything with it because we couldn't see the fenders' edges.

Anyway...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts