Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
4,593 Posts
The Colorado will use a coilover front and leaf-spring rear, and Duralife disc brakes with ABS. It will have EPS and an impressive 41-foot turning radius.

Trim levels will be the WT, LT, and Z71, with RWD or 4WD with a rear locker.

Z71s will come with StabiliTrak, trailer sway control, hillstart assist, and hill descent control.

There will be a third engine added to the options list for the 2016 model year: a 2.8-liter Duramax I-4. Chevrolet hasn't announced power numbers for this yet, but in the global truck, it produces 197 hp and 369 lb-ft. However, it's likely that the diesel's hp and torque will be slightly lower here, as emissions requirements are tougher in the U.S. than in the rest of the world and use of aftertreatment can reduce power.

GM hasn't announced payload capacity, but it expects a 6700-lb towing capacity at launch (and higher with the diesel). It will also be the first in its segment to offer a trailer brake controller. The company's CornerStep rear bumper and 13 tiedown locations are standard, and the EZ Lift-and-Lower tailgate and spray-in bedliner are options.
Interesting. The old Colorados with their inline 5 (?) sucked. Not a fan.
Didn't see the manual trans option.
Plus, for me, it is still too big of a truck.
I long the the shorter wheelbase "compact" trucks of yesteryear. :(

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
No manual option. 6 speed auto only. But with the three engines available, one being a diesel, itll sell very well. And if nissan doesnt announce a diesel for the frontier in the next year, I will more than likely buy one of these.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
762 Posts
Looks like a nice little truck. I used to drive a 4 cyl. Colorado for work and it was gutless and honestly a little dangerous merging into high speed traffic. Hopefully this will get the other manufacturers on the hook to bring other diesel options to the U.S. Toyota Hilux Wink. Wink.

·
Registered
822 Posts
There were rumors about Ford adding a new F-100 that would be essentially just that. Who knows if/when it might happen.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
That's a ZF transmission. Its fantastic.

The last Colorado was a huge pile of ****. I love GM trucks, but it was ****. I'm excited about it. They look great, 3.6l V6 is a great engine (and should have plenty of power with decent gearing), the interior is nice, and it is supposed to have 75% of the capacity of the Silverado. If it drives anything close to how my GMT900 Silverado drove (fantastic), I will probably buy a '16 4 door 3.6l Z71 4wd. I say '16 because I never buy the first yr of a new model...

It will also be good for Nissan and Toyota to have some real competition. I also read that Ford is considering bringing the overseas Ranger here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts