Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Pro 4X
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smoother, tighter, softer and faster... and that's not the action from last night! Those are my descriptions of my little road test of the OME suspension kit. Once I made up my mind to do the whole ARB route for the entire tuned suspension (shocks, springs, leaf packs, cam bolts and greasable shackles), I started the online search to source the parts. Many well known suppliers were showing an 8-10 week backorder, so I called the ARB-USA dist. in Washington state. They gave me the rundown on parts availability. Then I called the 4 Wheel Parts corp. national number, since I got a great price from the local store, to expedite the order... it worked! The tech crew at the store installed the kit a week later. Today I got a chance to drive and get a real sense of the difference between stock and OME. Cornering on paved roads is significantly improved. No chatter transferring to the steering wheel over bumps... better control at all speeds, no shimmy or vibration at any speed... on trails it really shines. Longer wheel travel, better compression/rebound with the shocks-springs combo, smoother, tighter and softer ride. Overall lift height is 1.5" for a perfect alignment . Very happy with the OME choice.

78364158_10220804153394252_4502783802627588096_o.jpg

79499027_10220804156514330_6115930461958045696_o.png

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did the same thing a while back mainly to solve the soft rear. My ride is much stiffer than original , but perhaps I over did it with springs.

Also noticed my rear shackle bolt actually touches my spare tire. Yours has much more clearance.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I did the same thing a while back mainly to solve the soft rear. My ride is much stiffer than original , but perhaps I over did it with springs.

Also noticed my rear shackle bolt actually touches my spare tire. Yours has much more clearance.

hope this doenst come across wrong, but are your shackles installed the right way? one of the shackle plates has that curve, so maybe they are on backwards?

·
Registered
2015 Pro 4X
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had 4 wheel parts do the install and never noticed... seems to be working perfectly. i will investigate.

·
Registered
2015 Pro 4X
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hope this doenst come across wrong, but are your shackles installed the right way? one of the shackle plates has that curve, so maybe they are on backwards?
check out this youtube... looks right.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x (Super Black)
84 Posts
Hey there I’m looking at having this exact mod done! Curious as to what 4WP charged for the install??? There are a couple local to me and I don’t really know any other shops to go with.

·
Registered
2015 Pro 4X
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was about $1500 if I remember... but I paid for an extra warranty. I have wheeled and camped in some amazing places since the install. Also added a Hefty alum. bumper, light bar and Warn winch...

Reactions: CAchief

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x (Super Black)
84 Posts
Thanks for the quick response! I’ll have to see about contacting them the way you did b/c I can’t find the lift kit on their website for the X. I hit some trails this past weekend up around Big Bear with my stock setup and the current suspension wasn’t loving five guys and our weekend bags lol

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I like the look of that super-clean alignment bolt. I've got the OME suspension.. I went add-a-leaf. I drove it for years without the rear sway bar and it worked awesome. I've put the rear sway bar back in now that I tow a travel trailer more frequently, but I used the NISSTEC relocate adapters that drop it down about 1 ".

If you're not towing, and you are wheeling.. 9 out of 10 forum members might recommend the sway bar delete option.

·
Registered
‘08 Offroad
5 Posts
Thanks for the quick response! I’ll have to see about contacting them the way you did b/c I can’t find the lift kit on their website for the X. I hit some trails this past weekend up around Big Bear with my stock setup and the current suspension wasn’t loving five guys and our weekend bags lol
It’s not in their system. They have to piece it together.
ARB makes high quality parts. I’ve run the Old Man Emu lift the on a WJ Grand Cherokee and also on a Montero Sport.

I’d highly recommend you install it yourself. Pay to have the coil overs preassembled.
In my driveway, no air tools, 3 hours for the front going slow. Rear takes about the same.

If you’re in north Texas, come over and buy me pizza and we can install.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Smoother, tighter, softer and faster... and that's not the action from last night! Those are my descriptions of my little road test of the OME suspension kit. Once I made up my mind to do the whole ARB route for the entire tuned suspension (shocks, springs, leaf packs, cam bolts and greasable shackles), I started the online search to source the parts. Many well known suppliers were showing an 8-10 week backorder, so I called the ARB-USA dist. in Washington state. They gave me the rundown on parts availability. Then I called the 4 Wheel Parts corp. national number, since I got a great price from the local store, to expedite the order... it worked! The tech crew at the store installed the kit a week later. Today I got a chance to drive and get a real sense of the difference between stock and OME. Cornering on paved roads is significantly improved. No chatter transferring to the steering wheel over bumps... better control at all speeds, no shimmy or vibration at any speed... on trails it really shines. Longer wheel travel, better compression/rebound with the shocks-springs combo, smoother, tighter and softer ride. Overall lift height is 1.5" for a perfect alignment . Very happy with the OME choice.

View attachment 124218
View attachment 124221 View attachment 124220
Glad to here the drive report I plan on the same kit, what size tires?

·
Registered
2015 Pro 4X
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to here the drive report I plan on the same kit, what size tires?
stock size 265's. BFG KM3's. Long term comment on the OME suspension... AMAZING!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts