Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone in the Denver region has used First Choice Fab in Denver. I saw their ad on craigslist and got in touch with the guy who can fab up sliders for 325 installed. Sounds like a pretty bad ass deal if their work is legit. I inquired about him doing White Knuckle style sliders with a kick out and he said 375 for those. I am thinking about going for it but wanted to know if anyone has used them.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Are they usable as a step? The pics I saw look like they are tucked too close to the body and I was going to ask him to pull them out a bit. How is the work? Good quality? How have they held up from the trail abuse?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Awesome! Are they usable as a step? The pics I saw look like they are tucked too close to the body and I was going to ask him to pull them out a bit. How is the work? Good quality? How have they held up from the trail abuse?
I've talked with him and seen his work, he does a nice job.. When I talked to him he was only doing sliders that are welded to the frame, not a bad thing just something for you to look into.. FYI I've gotta a friend that's making a set if sliders for T's (my son) rig right now, they'll be done this week..
Bill

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've talked with him and seen his work, he does a nice job.. When I talked to him he was only doing sliders that are welded to the frame, not a bad thing just something for you to look into.. FYI I've gotta a friend that's making a set if sliders for T's (my son) rig right now, they'll be done this week..
Bill
He said he doesn't like to do bolt on because of the drilling holes in the frame. I have been doing some serious shopping around and looks like some of the bolt on choices end up getting welded on anyways, i.e. Nisstec, and AJ's Super sliders. The other bolt on options seem to be way overpriced when you take in shipping charges. But it looks like I will be trying him out and leaping into the weld on. I don't ever plan on removing them so not a big deal. My biggest concern is whether they extend far enough to be used as a step.

Also, what is your buddy charging for a set of sliders?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
As for bolt on sliders pretty much everyone I know in the X community and even most Of the Jeep guys I know, have them with a few exceptions of course.. It doesn't do anything to the frame and your only drilling 1 hole.. I'll get you a price after he's done with them this week, it's T's design and I think it looks good..

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I was probably the 2nd set Loren did on an X. They were really clean and tight - especially with a 2" BL. They look great and worked great. However, they were not good steps. If you want more of a step ask him to make the supports a little longer. I would also ask him to add some gussets to the supports.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was probably the 2nd set Loren did on an X. They were really clean and tight - especially with a 2" BL. They look great and worked great. However, they were not good steps. If you want more of a step ask him to make the supports a little longer. I would also ask him to add some gussets to the supports.
Good to hear from people who can backup his work. Even though I am not entirely keen on the weld on aspect, it seems like his work is the most affordable and can be customized a bit. More than likely I will be giving him a visit when I return from my deployment. And thanks everyone for the information, I am constantly reminded how bad ass this site is in helping make informed decisions when it comes to building your rig!

·
on line
1,449 Posts
Don't forget about RMX Sliders. Steve is on this forum and does very good work. I bought a set from him in 2012 and abused them to no end on the trail with no damage and very little scarring on the bottom. I bought them bare metal, applied Rustoleum Primer and Truck Bed Liner to them and installed them on my 2009 Xterra and later transferred them to my 2012 Xterra. They were 100% bolt on and I never had any problems with them whatsoever.

I plan on getting another set from him in the future once I am settled back in Colorado next year.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is he still making them? I read a thread where he said he was taking some time off from building them. How are those for steps? Do they extend far enough to stand on to use for easy access to the roof rack. I load bikes on my roof rack and need the easy access.

Thanks for the heads up I forgot about him. Maybe I will shoot him a PM and see if he is back in operation.

·
on line
1,449 Posts
Is he still making them? I read a thread where he said he was taking some time off from building them. How are those for steps? Do they extend far enough to stand on to use for easy access to the roof rack. I load bikes on my roof rack and need the easy access.

Thanks for the heads up I forgot about him. Maybe I will shoot him a PM and see if he is back in operation.
I wasn't aware of that. Maybe I should hit him up as well.

I had no problem getting to the roof rack, but I also stood on the seat back of the folded down rear seat for even easier access. Guess it depends on how tall you are. I am 6' even so no worries for me. They work very well for steps also. Very sturdy with no downward flex at all.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Super old post, but does anyone know how to find out if these are still being made? I'll continue the search...

Thx,
Lucas

·
on line
4,594 Posts
I would call them and ask.

An internet search of "First Choice Fabrication" returns this as the first result:
There is also a website, but it only redirects to the FB page.
The phone number is on the FB page ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts