Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I called up Firestone to see if they had the tire I needed for my spare (285/75 destination m/t). They said Yes, we have it, I asked how much and they said $193......... Then I asked them if they price match, they said yes, and I asked them if it includes online sales, and the said YES. So I went to www.tires-easy.com and found them for $124.10. It could be a great deal, BUT I'm sure they will charge me $70 to put it on the spare :laughing6:
how much do you think it would cost just to put one on??? I already have the wheel and they don't even have to mount it

·
on line
44 Posts
not to thread hijack, but how do you like the m/ts? ive had bf goodrich at's before and know they are a great tire, but thinking of trying firestone. m/ts i dont care about how loud they are, just in how they wear,handle snow ice standing water and sidewall flex at highway speeds. thankx and 20 bucks sounds reasonable for mount,balance

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't say enough good things about them. Wonderful tire, about the same (sound-wise) as bfg at's, they are actually wearing BETTER than the stock bfg's, great on-highway (I drive 30 miles one way to work each day). Last but not least, the really kick butt in mud, standing water, and snow. I will definately buy these tires again

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Contenderv07, you should add these tires to the Tire sticky HERE. :)

Ill check those out personally on the trail once i get back in country. ;)

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Im always happy when i say to do something and people do it. :)

·
on line
331 Posts
contenderv07 I am still considering these tires. I am over the noise, but my concern is MPGs going way down. The 265/75R16s are actually lighter than the BFGs in the same size. How much did you lose?

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
x67934 said:
contenderv07 I am still considering these tires. I am over the noise, but my concern is MPGs going way down. The 265/75R16s are actually lighter than the BFGs in the same size. How much did you lose?
you will lose some MPG, but not much. It's hard for me to say exactly how much I did lose but I can tell you right now, I'm getting about between 19-20 on the highway with those tires, little lift, yak rack, and fullsize spare on top. I'm basing this on the scangauge I have installed so it's pretty accurate. I just got the spare tire on top, but I am going to watch this closely because the spare SHOULD fit underneath where the original was. Hope this helps and I'll keep you posted on my findings

1 - 12 of 12 Posts