Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a set of Firestone Sport-rite air bags for my 2014 Pro-4x. They only show them for the Xterra up to 2012. The manufacture won't commit on the fit for the 2013 or 14 saying they haven't had a chance to test fit them yet but say if there hasn't been any changes they should fit.

Has anyone installed them on a 2014 yet or know if the 2014 is the same as the 2012? Thanks for any help.

·
on line
2,239 Posts
Nothing changed. Catalog was last updated in '12.
They will fit just fine.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Look for coupon/free shipping deals online. The airbags will be the best money you spend on the Xterra.

I would like to get a set of Firestone Sport-rite air bags for my 2014 Pro-4x. They only show them for the Xterra up to 2012. The manufacture won't commit on the fit for the 2013 or 14 saying they haven't had a chance to test fit them yet but say if there hasn't been any changes they should fit.

Has anyone installed them on a 2014 yet or know if the 2014 is the same as the 2012? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Look for coupon/free shipping deals online.
Thanks for the tip greenxman. I did find a 15% off coupon. Ended up $244.00 delivered to the door. Not bad I think.

Thanks for all the info guys. They are ordered and on their way, They'll be here 4/28 :icon_smile:.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
When you install them the instructions are drawn incorrectly at least for my '11. The bolts to mount the top of the airbag should be outboard not inboard as shown. Otherwise the bag will not sit verticaly. Look on here for and clubxterra for install tips. I used the top license plate holes for the valves. Also used upgraded air fittings and sealed them with the loctite for pneumatics.

Thanks for the tip greenxman. I did find a 15% off coupon. Ended up $244.00 delivered to the door. Not bad I think.

Thanks for all the info guys. They are ordered and on their way, They'll be here 4/28 :icon_smile:.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Where did you find the coupon code? I am ordering a set as well. I have a 2800 mile camping trip coming up and am going to be hauling people and gear.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm not real familiar with these things but wouldn't they severely limit your down travel?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When you install them the instructions are drawn incorrectly at least for my '11. The bolts to mount the top of the airbag should be outboard not inboard as shown. Otherwise the bag will not sit verticaly.
Thanks again.

Also used upgraded air fittings and sealed them with the loctite for pneumatics.
Where did you get the upgraded air fittings? Are the ones that come with the kit not so good?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
The stock fittings are fine. Just had extra time on my hands. Correction- when you install do the opposite of what the instructions say for mounting

Thanks again.

Where did you get the upgraded air fittings? Are the ones that come with the kit not so good?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts