Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heading to a park do do some not so heavy wheelin, and on the road leading to the area, I hear something.......clack clack clack. CRAP, I look down and my tire (barely new tire) has a 5 inch nail in it

I think any other tire and this would have been a flat, if it weren't for the meaty treads.

Then in my haste to get the nail out, I do this....

4 stitches later, I'm ready to go. That nail cut my finger down to the bone. Anywho, the moral to the story....

Firestone Destination MT-1
Nail-0

then ME -1 :cheers:

The tires are awesome, I would reccommend these to anyone

·
on line
564 Posts
They are a very highly rated tire! Too bad our fingers aren't that tough :scratch:

How's the road noise with those tires?

Rob

·
on line
3,218 Posts
They are great tires you'll find, just keep any wheelspin down to prevent those nail snatching lugs, from ripping apart. The rubber compound in the Desti MTs is on the softer/tackier side, and will yield under pressure to harder surfaces.
4 stitches huh? Too chicken for 5? :tongue1:

Compared to Wrangler MTR, Baja Clawz, SuperSwampers, and even Dueller MTs, I'd say they're the least noisy..

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea I have to say those tires are pretty damn quiet to be mud tires. I will say that on the highway they are just as quiet (if not more quiet) than the BFG AT's. If it werent for the huge tread, I would have been flat with no spare. I keep wanting to persuade the wife to let me get a steel x wheel and a spare :bounce:

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Stitches? Come on now man! Duct tape is all you need, maybe some super glue if its deeper. :)

These are the tires I've been looking at, not only are everyone's reviews high...the price is right.

·
on line
564 Posts
Peck said:
These are the tires I've been looking at, not only are everyone's reviews high...the price is right.
Yeah, me too...where are you finding the cheapest prices?
Rob

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got mine well below what they were supposed to be only because they fudged up my order 2 times at the firestone place. I think it ended up being about $185 a pop (after some bitching from my wife and me). Oh and about the duct tape, I was all ready for it, but my wife is a nurse...yada yada yada, 20 minutes later were in the er

·
on line
4,495 Posts
robnfl said:
Yeah, me too...where are you finding the cheapest prices?
Tire Rack has nice prices, but I've also got a few contacts in my area that say they can beat that price, which is $168, I believe, for 285/75s. I think somoene even mentioned you could get Firestone to go down a chunk if you do your aligment with them also.

Even so, at $168 thats a lot nicer than the $202 for Toyo M/Ts or BFG M/Ts.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
No heavy lug tire's really good for sand.. You don't want to dig in, you'll bury yourself. Ideally, you'd like to float over, with a wider, less intrusive footprint. Ergo, we air down.

·
on line
564 Posts
Bobs06greyxterra said:
Do you know how these fare on the beach? I've taken a liking to these tires but I would need them to be beach worthy too.
You shouldn't have any problems driving on any of the beaches around Jax, even with stock tires...unless you're going up to Huguenot Park.

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts