Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple of "chime in's" on these tires, but haven't gotten a clear consensus on these tires. From what I've been reading the tread life on them is pretty high (40k). I'm trying to deceide between the BF AT/KO or these. I mean if the price is roughly the same and the treadlife is roughly the same, shouldn't I get what I like better (if not the M/T cheaper). Plus, I'm going to be doing some snow and muddy offroadin, so either one would be fine. Well let me know if anyone has these, likes these, pics of them, etc... thanks in advance

·
on line
3,218 Posts
2 pairs of 33s on the Gen1, and they're great; mud, snow, rocks, dirt, sand, water, and pavement. Tough sidewalls, and they do wear well. The third set was Bridgestone Dueller MTs. :thumbright:

·
on line
131 Posts
I have the Destination A/T's on my '05 and love them. They are great in the snow and ice (I could go through in 2wd where my wife's '07 X with stock BFG's would need 4 hi). I don't get much chance to get into any mud up here, though. They have worn extremely well and aren't too noisy on the pavement.
I would hope and think that the M/T's would perform as well or better as far as wear and ride are concerned.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
I have the BF AT/KO's, last time i went wheeling it was super muddy.........and for some reason the everyone with mud tires were sliding all over, i didnt slip once. And i thought i was goona be screwed with my AT's. I love em so far. And i got a super deal on them from 4wheel parts as well as the best tire replacement plan you can get. I could jab them with a screw driver and they would replace the tire no questions asked. Its a 4 wheeling road hazard warrenty. Whatever tire you get id get em from a 4 wheel parts if you have one near by. I dont think firestone or sams club would replace a tire that you f'ed up 4 wheeling ya know? Not really road hazard when your kinda asking for it!

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bad thing is the only 4 wheel parts store is about 80 miles away. I mean that's not too long of a drive, but kinda sucks. I'm gonna do some price comparison stuff later on (locally, and outside) to see what kind of deal I can get

1 - 5 of 5 Posts