Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm finally fed up with the POS tires that came stock on the OR. I got a flat this morning by a piece of glass through the thickest part of the tread. I'm picking up my new tires today and getting them put on tomorrow. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Destination+A/T

On the phone they quoted me a price of $105.00 per tire, local pick up. I'll post some pics when I get them on.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
I think that's a good looking tire. And at $105 per at great deal.

Also I agree that for the amount of on-road driving most of us do, that a tire of this size is likely best.

I recently bought a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers in that size, and while I've only put a couple hundred miles on them and been offroad once, I like them. Only time will tell if they wear as long as the BFG TOs I'm accustomed.

·
on line
331 Posts
I had those on my jeep cherokee, and i must say they were great tires.

·
on line
331 Posts
i think your answer is in the title 265/75R16

·
on line
131 Posts
Yeah, if I had to do it again, or should I say when I do them again, I'll have them mounted black side out. They are really great tires in all weather conditions and I'll definitely buy them again when these wear out.

·
on line
564 Posts
Pardon my ign'ance...but is this tire really any better than the BFG RT's? Looking at the specs, they appear to be almost carbon copys of each other. But, I may be missing something here.

Rob

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
robnfl said:
Pardon my ign'ance...but is this tire really any better than the BFG RT's? Looking at the specs, they appear to be almost carbon copys of each other. But, I may be missing something here.

Rob
The biggest difference is that the BFG RT's that come stock are passenger car tires, the Firestone's are LT with a load range C. Also there is a huge difference in the tread depth and pattern.

·
on line
564 Posts
They look good!

Lonesome Crow said:
The biggest difference is that the BFG RT's that come stock are passenger car tires, the Firestone's are LT with a load range C. Also there is a huge difference in the tread depth and pattern.

Ummm...according to Firestone's web site the 265/75-R16 (114S) are P rated tires...not LT.

Firestone makes a LT265/75-R16C Desti AT, but they are $122 a piece.

Rob

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Thats a nice tire. Alot of people like those firestones.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
robnfl said:
They look good!

Lonesome Crow said:

Ummm...according to Firestone's web site the 265/75-R16 (114S) are P rated tires...not LT.

Rob
They screwed up and gave them to me for the p rated price then. Mine are for sure the LT tires. Sucks to be them...

·
on line
564 Posts
Lonesome Crow said:
robnfl said:
They look good!

Lonesome Crow said:

Rob
They screwed up and gave them to me for the p rated price then. Mine are for sure the LT tires. Sucks to be them...

Sweet...that's a freak'n awesome deal!

·
on line
841 Posts
Anyone has an opinion on how these compare to Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo? Tirerack has Firestone 3rd, Bridgestone 4th, but Revo's have by far more miles of reviews.

·
on line
564 Posts
RockyMtnX said:
atekt said:
Thats a nice tire. Alot of people like those firestones.
Not too many Ford owners about 5 years ago or so. :geek:

J/K, just stirring the pot...

Only if they were female and driving an explorer :evil2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts