Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my TG spacer kit on Wednesday and took it to Firestone that day too have the alignment done. I brought my cam bolts with and told them i wanted those on. I get a call saying to come pick up my X because its done. I get there they said they didn't need the new bolts (my X is an 06'). I looked at the alignment and it barely looks like they did anything. The tires are still toe in. I'm going to take it to another Firestone center to fix it, i think the other guys were just being lazy because they didn't want to install the new bolts.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
When you get an alignment at most places (and I know all firestones do), you get a print out that has the before and after numbers. It's harder to cheat these numbers than it is to just do the work as it's all generated from the computer.

If they gave you no such sheets then they might not have done anything, but that is unlikely.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
firestone did my last alignment a few days ago, i'm still toed in, but i think it maybe due to the excessive wear i already have on the outer edges on the tires due to an already screwed up alignment.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Just out of curiousirity, RESISTTHEFIST, do you have the REQUIRED (4) cam bolts ?????

--If, just aligned with (2), installed-- toe-in and caster will change, toe-in the most !!!

-- :geek: :geek:

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I purchased all four off of a link off of this forum. I have all four but they didn't install any of them.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
RESISTTHEFIST, don't worry too much about it... I did the Daystar lift and didn't need the cam bolts.

My story is almost identical to yours... I took it in and said "use 'em if you need 'em."

I had mine aligned after just putting the spacers on; then again after doing the rear. Both times the camber was good and the bolts weren't needed. Keep 'em in your garage for future use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts