Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
265/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs. I also had the shop take off the ugly stock mudflaps while the tires were off the truck. Much better!

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those tires look great... and so does the weather there!

What pressure are you running them at?
I have no idea. Whatever the installer set it to - probably 40+ as it drives really solid. The sidewall says not over 50.

very nice!! those are my next set of tires, just a bigger size

took my mud flaps off too, love the way it looks without them
I was debating the 285/75-16's, but these are 6-ply C-rated sidewalls and those would have been 10-ply E. Also, with no lift it would look a bit... stuffed.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
I have no idea. Whatever the installer set it to - probably 40+ as it drives really solid. The sidewall says not over 50.

I was debating the 285/75-16's, but these are 6-ply C-rated sidewalls and those would have been 10-ply E. Also, with no lift it would look a bit... stuffed.

The 6ply duratracks have a terrible reputation for getting flats, especially holes on the sidewalls from small sticks and such.
Make sure your spare is ready.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
on line
2,047 Posts
Nice looking tires.....just remember to rotate front to back every 4/5k then at 25/30k X Pattern
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice, those are my next set as well - its nice to be able to get a C rated tire, which is great off-road, looks amazing, and still has the sever weather rating (snowflake). I currently run the E-class BFG ATKO they are good as well, but heavier.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
The 6ply duratracks have a terrible reputation for getting flats, especially holes on the sidewalls from small sticks and such.
Make sure your spare is ready.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
really? i hadn't heard this, but i've also noticed that you don't need to air down as far as most tires to soften up the ride on the trail and get good sidewall flex. when i first had mine put on, i was running them at like 34psi, and the ride was super soft. drawback was that mileage went way down and they were mushy when cornering so i run them at around 44-45 on the street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts