Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to Vigg Designs LLC for the hood vinyl, and Graveyard Graphics for the Xterra vinyls. My hood had some ugly spots in the clear so i went the cheap route and covered them :iconbiggrin:

IMG_20130914_180103_159_1 by BischofJr, on Flickr

and so it wouldn't be a 100% typical hood blackout I used some Xterra logos

IMG_20130914_174834_804 by BischofJr, on Flickr

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Did the Xterra logos go underneath or on top of the hood vinyl? I like that addition.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
wow, that looks freakin SICK! i wish I had thought to do that when i put mine on.

WELL DONE!

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
and now I know what it would look like with the hood blacked out and a bug visor. hmmmm, i like it!

·
Registered
745 Posts
That looks awesome! Nice work.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Looks really good. I'm still waiting to do mine, but I might steal that idea.

·
Registered
303 Posts
to anyone with one of these vinyls on the hood, have you waxed your car? I was wondering how the wax affects the vinyl. Not that I plan to wax the vinyl, but for instance with rubber and plastics, if you don't tape them off the white wax leaves an annoying white haze that is a pain to remove.

I wax my truck a few times a year so I don't want to have to tape off the hood every time to do the wax. Anyone have experience?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do they offer this on their website? Price? Pm me if you don't want to post it, just the hood blackout. Looks awesome !
Posted via Mobile Device
5 yr vinyl was $70ish shipped.
Vigg designs is updating their website i think but here is the facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/viggdesigns and # (732) 683-9400

the xterra logos were like $12 a piece from graveyard graphics.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
to anyone with one of these vinyls on the hood, have you waxed your car? I was wondering how the wax affects the vinyl. Not that I plan to wax the vinyl, but for instance with rubber and plastics, if you don't tape them off the white wax leaves an annoying white haze that is a pain to remove.

I wax my truck a few times a year so I don't want to have to tape off the hood every time to do the wax. Anyone have experience?
if you look at my windshield i have a matte black vinyl strip across the top. occasionally grime and windshield washer fluid discolor it so i will clean it with soap and water, dry it, quickly apply wax to half of the vinyl strip then immediately remove it with a micro fiber towel and repeat on the opposite side. it turns out pretty even and smooth. if it doesnt you can repeat the wax and removal part. i'm going to look in to purchasing a vinyl specific cleaner tho. i know shining monkey makes one and a few other companies do. being dead center on the hood it is exposed to tree sap, sunlight, engine heat, etc. i'm curious to see how it does over time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks really good. I'm still waiting to do mine, but I might steal that idea.

get a second set of hands to help. def make it easier. i was silly and did mine outside as a storm was coming in. had the gf help me get some of the backing off then i laid the rest of the blackout down. garage would have been a lot nicer to work in. if you were a little bit closer to tampa(brandon area) i'd lend a hand

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
VIGG has this page, but xterra isnt on it yet. i knew they offered it tho because of another member on here posting theirs.

http://viggdesigns.com/shop-online

used this install video technique vs. the directions VIGG included. i was doing it by myself and not in a controlled environment so that's why i chose the method i did. was hoping they used the 3m 1080 scotchprint vinyl which has air relief chanels and can be applied dry but they do not. the 3m they supply is a wet application type. But no worries install is easy

1 - 20 of 78 Posts