Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, first post I think, but millionth time on the site. 2015 Nissan Xterra pro 4X. Rancho quick lift front and rear, Nisstec leaf spring. Total 2 in suspension lift. 33" Nitto Ridge Grapplers (absolutely love these tires).
About a year ago I picked up a Volant CAI, and I absolutely love the sound of that thing. I got the model CAI with the open bottom end for the horn. I enclosed that myself so it's not sucking hot air from there.
I also picked up a MagnaFlow muffler that someone on here said they have, but it would take more work than I'm willing to put into it to make it work. So after talking to a magnaflow rep, I picked up a model #14260. 2.5" O/O, 5x8 oval.
I am absolutely in love with this thing. The drone isn't bad at all and I can tell it's actually going away more, the more the muffler gets worn in. It's actually quieter on cold start and idle than the stock pro 4x muffler, because it's throatier. Anywho I'm babbling, give it a listen. Peace.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
How did you enclose the hole in the "closed air" system?

Volant seems like a good product, but that hole seems to defeat the Volant + Snorkel concept...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you enclose the hole in the "closed air" system?

Volant seems like a good product, but that hole seems to defeat the Volant + Snorkel concept...
I bought similar plastic, cut it to make a v shape and used JB plastic weld to close it up. I didn't have to do a single thing with the horn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts