Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so apparently the lower bolt on the stablizer bar for the front sway bar (the thing that holds the sway bar to the LCA...and the bolt that connects to the LCA).....is slipping up and down in the hole so when the body rocks a little i get this knocking sound.

Question.....i checked the bolt, it's torqued so i'm not sure why there is play. it this normal over time? any need to fork over $$ for a new one. I'm going to take it off and try to clean any dirt out that may be caught in the hole, but that's going to wait until it warms up a bit...little windy today.

·
on line
807 Posts
Just ditch the swaybar, you don't need it.
I have been running sans-swaybar for a month or so now and have no complaints.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
going over bumps, dips, etc., both big and small....anything that would make the body rock back and forth a little.

i have to drive past a nissan dealer tomorrow or friday, i'll prob. stop by the parts dept. and get a new one since they are so cheap and easy to replace.

·
on line
853 Posts
stevet47 said:
I thought he said the front sway bar . . . I don't think you want to be ditching that one. The rear, sure, but I'd keep the front.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
FrankB said:
stevet47 said:
I thought he said the front sway bar . . . I don't think you want to be ditching that one. The rear, sure, but I'd keep the front.
He did ditch his front sway bar. I'm still kinda sketched out by the idea of doing that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts