Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
17 Posts
I saw that too, wonder if it'll keep the rear glass clearner like the 4Runners. I think it's a bit spendy for a something that small, should be more like $100 or so. Looks kind of small, I like the ones on the Highlander & CRVs, but I hear that the 05+ 4Runners spoiler is very effective.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I think the spoiler needs to be more angular with straighter lines. The rounded spoiler doesn't match the straight lines of the X, IMO.

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
^^ yeah, i remember seeing that.... but is the material (blow-molded plastic) as strong as fiberglass?

----------------------------------------
For the 2005-2006 Nissan Xterra

This spoiler is made from premium blow-molded plastic that is lightweight and strong. This part is available painted to match your factory paint. Don't forget to type in your paint code in the space provide.

Your ShopSAR.com order will include the painted spoiler, detailed instructions and mounting hardware.
(Drilling through the trunk lid is required for proper installation.)
--------------------------------------
________
party Webcams

·
on line
1,716 Posts
juntao said:
^^ yeah, i remember seeing that.... but is the material (blow-molded plastic) as strong as fiberglass?
Blow molded plastic is comparable to fiberglass, the big advantage to blow molded is that it is much more flexible than fiberglass. When you hit something it will flex quite a bit before it snaps. A lot of car manufacturers are using blow molding for their bumpers and interior panels.

Wow I spend too much time at work reading the trade magazines... :geek:

·
on line
21 Posts
My question is, do they work? I've had a Blazer, a 4Runner and am on my second Xterra - all had dirty rear windows and no spoilers. Since my current X is my first black vehicle, anything that keeps it clean is helpful. So what's the concensus? Are these just for style?

·
on line
1,977 Posts
SPOILER

I`ve got the same spoiler as Kal El.He turned me on to the site.It`s very well constructed.It definitely helps keep the back end cleaner.These guys are great to deal with.They originally sent me one for an '01.I called and they shipped me another one 2nd day air THE SAME DAY.Sent me the label to ship the other one back for free.I HIGHLY recommend these guys.Drilling through the right side is a bit tricky as you have to go through 3 different pieces of metal.JUST TAKE YOUR TIME!I used progressively bigger drill bits till I got the right size hole.Good luck.

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
scottb said:
My question is, do they work? I've had a Blazer, a 4Runner and am on my second Xterra - all had dirty rear windows and no spoilers. Since my current X is my first black vehicle, anything that keeps it clean is helpful. So what's the concensus? Are these just for style?
i'm not sure how clean it's keep the windows, but check out the link below. one member mentions that its supposed to keep the windows cleaner by keeping dust down.... i'm not so sure about that though
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2151&highlight=
________
Iratzu

·
on line
1,831 Posts
It's not going to keep your windows clean, but it'd match those 20" rims you have been eyeing quite nicely.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
It looks like it would hit the roof rack when opening the rear hatch... I assume you have clearance though?

Yes you have clearance.It`s close though.Positioning is critical.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts