Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
d-rap..... get out of here with that wanna-be sexterra!!! you know that wimpy ass SLR lift cant hang with mine!!!!

LOL Just messin man :thumbright: :thumbleft:

Tell those guys to hurry the heck up and start producing those things!!!

Oh Any chance on those things being integradeable with a snorkle????

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Snorkle. Great idea. I'd been thinking about a snorkle a while ago, but didn't think to tell Spencer to mention that to Hannemann. He's the one dealing with them. I'm letting him handle it, but I've been calling him and asking him to light a fire under their butt.

It seems like once they proto the thing, if there's a demand for an integrated snorkle attachment, they'd do it. I mean, how hard could that be for guys designing a fender from scratch? The only question, as always in this industry, is: does someone have a snorkle to give them to work with? These places don't usually take their own initiative on stuff like that.

It would definitely help if other people called Hannemann. You could ask them when the protos are going to be ready, in other words: get them to finish my damn truck, so I can rock some pics, meet S_E_X on the trails and...it's on!!

The SLR fabrication on my X is taking awhile, for sure, but I have a feeling it's going to be well worth the wait. The upshot for other newx-ers is going to be a first-rate series of bolt-on kits, with fenders to top it off.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Give me a number and i will call them tomorrow. Im in africa right now but I dont care my phone calls are on my companies dime. :cheers:

but the number cant be a toll free number like 800 or 866. It must be a normal landline with an area code and such.

Hook a brother up!!!! I want a snorkle.....

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
S_e_X-Terra said:
Give me a number and i will call them tomorrow. Im in africa right now but I dont care my phone calls are on my companies dime. :cheers:

but the number cant be a toll free number like 800 or 866. It must be a normal landline with an area code and such.

Hook a brother up!!!! I want a snorkle.....
Eddie;

626-969-7317.

Also... they quoted me $200 a piece.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Thanks Shaun or Shawn... I dont know how to spell your damn name but thanks dude!! Im six hours ahead of central time right now so I will call them bright and early (Their time)!!

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
S_e_X-Terra said:
Thanks Shaun or Shawn... I dont know how to spell your damn name but thanks dude!! Im six hours ahead of central time right now so I will call them bright and early (Their time)!!
It's Shawn, but I'll answer to either one :)

Man, I can't wait to see that thing at GONE next year.... Keep the pics coming, brother.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well the phones over here are obviously messed up!!! I cant get a line out to the US. And I couldnt get on the internet untill about 1 hour ago.

Friggin Africa...

Anyone have an e-mail address or anything.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Dude, I feel you pain. Here's the FAX: 626 969-2138

And email: [email protected]

Good luck. As soon as I talk to Spencer tomorrow, I'll bring up the snorkle. I'll let people know what he says.

BTW, I saw a Fronty today on display at the 4 Wheel Parts Truck Fest at the Ontario Convention Center out here. It had a very wide stance in front (TC UCAs and a boxed TC arm underneath, Deaver springs) and was sporting Hannemann glass, which looked great. I know some people think the wider track can look over the top, or uneven with a stock rear, but that "prerunner" look, and the race-inspired use value of that set-up, are catching on for the recreational crowd. SLR is swearing by it, for what I do, at least. The glass tames the look and, at the same time, makes it look more bad-ass. No more rocks in your face, no problems with cops, and a clean look for the X.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
weaponzero said:
Will these fenders allow larger tires?
Yes they will, although it's only one path to fitting larger tires. The primary reason for these fenders is to accomodate the wider track created by aftermarket control arms (longer, bigger) and--on some trucks--new, longer axle half-shafts. Wider tires and wheels, and in some cases wheel spacers, also contribute to a wider track. Go this route without trimming, and you rub like crazy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts