Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately while being installed my Hefty got a few scratches here and there. Is there any way I can fix it?

·
on line
3,647 Posts
Throw it away! The integrity ofbthencoating is now compromised and soon enough the entire bumper will be a giant ball of rust.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
If you had it powder coated black, use Rustoleum Textured Black to touch it up. I remember Chris Hefty telling me it's a dead nuts match with his black powder coat when I opted to paint my skids rather than have them powder coated. That's what I use to touch up my bumper and sliders also. It works perfect and blends right in.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, very appreciated. Now there is a challenge to get that textured black around here...was checking all the hardware stores, all sorts of color choices except of that one I need..of course :-(

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If you had it powder coated black, use Rustoleum Textured Black to touch it up. I remember Chris Hefty telling me it's a dead nuts match with his black powder coat when I opted to paint my skids rather than have them powder coated. That's what I use to touch up my bumper and sliders also. It works perfect and blends right in.
^^^This! Rostoleum will do just fine. Sprayed my high lift mount w/ it. Matched right up.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Hefty had their powder-coat made to match "Rustoleum Textured Black."
Correct! We matched the powder coat to exactly the Rustoleum Textured Black Spray paint. Use a couple very light coats and let it dry about 5 min between the coats. It will blend in perfectly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts